IALW SINGLE??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veranda

War Child
I heard IALW on the radio just now, and the DJ said that was 'something new' from ATYCLB and it was soon to be released as a single and it would have a video. Am I behind the times, is this something new, or is he full of it? If it is true, why IALW and not POE? Experts?

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Hello,

I've also seen IALW advertised/pushed by some radio consulting agency, SBR Creative ( http://www.sbrcreative.com ) so it could be possible. However, there are still many rumours flying around. Some have heard the Kite single on their radio station quite often, so they say that that will be the next single. Others hear Wild Honey often, so they argue that will be the next single. And others, like you, hear IALW. So until there is an official confirmation, everybody's guess seems plausible.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Thanks for the information Marty!

I have heard all those songs on the radio but this is the only one the DJ called a new single. This is a very-U2ey radio station- they play lots of their stuff, old and new, all the time. They talk about them often and have U2 contests, so I thought it might be for real. We'll see, I'll go check out that link!

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

If this is true then I say it's about feckin' time!! I absolutely LOVE IALW. I think that the song itself is capable of pulling new fans in, but if they put that song w/ a kick ass video then I think it would be unstoppable!
smile.gif

Not to be blasphemous, but IALW is just an OK song, in my opinion. I would rather see them release Kite or WILATW, but as long as we have new B-sides instead of remixes, I'm happy.

POOP POOP POOP !!!!

THAT's MY SONG !!!!!
i didn't want it to be released....they should have done Kite.

Starr

Starr. That isn't really YOUR song you know, just because he sang it to you doesn't mean that the rest of the world should be deprived of it's greatness
wink.gif
I know that my jealousy is just shining through!!!

I would love for that to be a single. It is a great song, and I would be thrilled if I heard it on the radio. Unfortunatly though, they already released Kite in Canada, so I don't think that we will get any more singles.

I'd love to have this be a single. I really hope it will be, but it's a toss-up if they do have another single and what it will be. Wild Honey is too summery, POE/WILATW has already gained some fans, Kite is already released in Canada.. so.. I don't know. Maybe. I think it is possible they will release another single if they think they can get another single out of the success of the Elevation DVD. (Sorry for the messed up sentence.)

------------------
"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

I feel that "In a Little While," "Wild Honey" and/or "Kite" would all be solid singles. After all, U2 did say that ATYCLB was an album full of singles, and indeed, all of these three songs, like the four songs that preceded them, would be wonderful singles.

However, I have my doubts now about a fifth single because of the release of "7." It seems to me that if there were a fifth single coming - especially one with new b-sides and/or remixes - that U2 would wait until that single was out before releasing "7" (perhaps calling it "8" or "9"
wink.gif
).

On the chance that a fifth single is released, because of "7" I now doubt that we'll see new b-sides or remixes. Most likely, the b-sides will just be some live songs. Alternatively, perhaps this will be a radio only single around the world.

I guess if ATYCLB jumps up the charts due to the Super Bowl and Grammy wins, then maybe U2 will try to keep the album going a bit longer with a new single. However, if the sales bump from the Super Bowl or any potential Grammy win is minimal, then U2 or their label may decide that they have "milked" ATYCLB for all that it's worth and that it's time for it to slowly fall from the charts.

Regardless, whatever U2 decide, it's more than fine by me. If it's a radio-only single, at least I get to hear more U2 on the radio. If it's a new CD single, I potentially get some new b-sides or remixes. If there is no new single, I'm still happy because ATYCLB performed far better than I hoped.

I would love having it as a single it?s always been my favorite on ATYCLB!

------------------
"When something serious comes on you just change the channel....."

It may not be a single but that doesn't stop my local radio station from playing it at least once a day if not more.
biggrin.gif

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMD....if IALW is the next single, I can DIE happy. I *LOVETH* that song!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ah...kickin'
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by Veranda:
If it is true, why IALW and not POE? Experts?

Because it's better song!

Now if this is at all true, that's really good news.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
On the chance that a fifth single is released, because of "7" I now doubt that we'll see new b-sides or remixes. Most likely, the b-sides will just be some live songs. Alternatively, perhaps this will be a radio only single around the world.

Hello,

If the song will be released, I don't think it will be a radio-only single around the world. You have to remember that most charts in countries outside the USA are heavily reliant on sales. Here in the Netherlands a song cannot chart unless that song is commercially released as a single. I think the same holds for the UK and no doubt for many other countries.
As an avid U2 collector, I love B-sides. I also really love live-tracks, so I hope many more singles will come off ATYCLB. But, as you've said, the album did quite well, so we can be happy about that.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by WildHonee:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMD....if IALW is the next single, I can DIE happy. I *LOVETH* that song!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ah...kickin'
smile.gif

You are scaring me girl!!!!

------------------
"When something serious comes on you just change the channel....."

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Starr. That isn't really YOUR song you know, just because he sang it to you doesn't mean that the rest of the world should be deprived of it's greatness
wink.gif
I know that my jealousy is just shining through!!!

I would love for that to be a single. It is a great song, and I would be thrilled if I heard it on the radio. Unfortunatly though, they already released Kite in Canada, so I don't think that we will get any more singles.

Ok OK ..I know i am being selfish but i really don't care (hehehehe). It such awesome song to begin with & it was my favorite well before he sung it to me. honestly I really would like to have more people not liking U2 then liking U2...For one plain reason ITS HARD TO GET TICKETS as it is....(hehehe) Opps!!! I am being selfsih again..I must just be in that kind of mood lately.

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

Originally posted by Lemonboy:

You are scaring me girl!!!

! I just want it to be like the Angel of Harlem for the..what century is this? 21st? Sure. Wait...21st century we're supposed to be driving in those flying cars and living in clouds. WHERE'S my flying car?!

Anyway....I think it would be a great single and it would prove -- as if U2 had anything to prove to anyone -- something....not sure what. Versatility? Sure. I don't know...I know a lot of ppl I know think that U2 is stuck up and think they're better than everyone else. Even if they are....I don't know where I'm going with this. Just that IALW *must* be a single. Or else.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~BONO~

LOVE me, give me SOUL

O YEAH YEAH YEAH...

Originally posted by doctorwho:
On the chance that a fifth single is released, because of "7" I now doubt that we'll see new b-sides or remixes. Most likely, the b-sides will just be some live songs.
yay, maybe even more live versions of Beautiful Day and New York
yeah baby

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Starr:
Ok OK ..I know i am being selfish but i really don't care (hehehehe). It such awesome song to begin with & it was my favorite well before he sung it to me. honestly I really would like to have more people not liking U2 then liking U2...For one plain reason ITS HARD TO GET TICKETS as it is....(hehehe) Opps!!! I am being selfsih again..I must just be in that kind of mood lately.

Oh Nooooo!! Starr I never thought of that. With U2 playing the Superbowl, and performing at the Grammy's, the could get alot more fans. I keep trying to convert non-fans, and stuff. I should stop. I want to be on the floor at the next show, and I don't want any newbies to stop me!!

Now who's the selfish one?

Back
Top Bottom