I wish I attended PopMart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sperber

Acrobat
While I sit here listening to "Hasta la vista baby!" I really, really curse myself not for falling in love with U2 a bit earlier. Hasta la vista sounds so beautiful, it?s awesome. I am an idiot
frown.gif

------------------
beLIEve

I would give away my car, money, cd's, shoes, clothes, perfume, showershit, bed, posters........even my fav Elvis CD....just to see a U2 Zoo Concert!!!!!!!!

Then I would go round to those I gave all me stuff to and claim them back................by using the power of my eyeballs!!!!

cool.gif

I got to see POPMart. I was 15 years old then. I would have loved to see ZooTV, but I was only 10 at the time, and I didn't even know who U2 was. That must have been some show though!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

At least I?m not the only one who feels so!
BTW Anyone got a boot of the whole Mexico show? I?m curious if the whole show is sounding that fantastic.

------------------
beLIEve

Well I started with The Joshua Tree tour and I wish I had been into them enough to go to the War tour. (I had a ticket to Unf. Fire tour but couldnt go at the last minute, so I tried there)

You can find numerous copies of the full Mexico City show. The quality is pretty much the same. I would recommend though the Sao Paulo or Santiago Popmart and Tel Aviv over the Mexico City show. Same quality, better setlists IMO.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 09-25-2001).]

Originally posted by Sperber:
A
BTW Anyone got a boot of the whole Mexico show? I?m curious if the whole show is sounding that fantastic.

I have the whole show and I love it! It's fantastic. I also missed Popmart and that is one of my only regrets. I was outa the country and no where near a show. I did catch ZooTv though. Indoor and Outdoor Broadcasts and I must say, best show on earth. Elevation rocks my world, but comes second to the first leg of ZooTv.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Just like Bonochick, I went to POPMart. It was a month before my 12th birthday. It was the coolest show with the giant tv's and all. I see videos of Zoo in Sydney and it looks so awesome.

I had a chance to go to Praga on their gig , but unfortunately i was a BIG Queen fan that time
frown.gif
, but still .. i went to Bryan May concert in Moscow - best gig in my life , so far
biggrin.gif

Yep Eliv8...I'm one of those lucky exceptions. If you'd really like the details, here's a quick roundup of what happened.

Severe case of mono, plus at the same time, tonsilitus, hepatitus, and shit, I really can't remember what the last part was. It wasn't fun. I couldn't eat for about 2 months (couldn't swallow liquids), plus all this other shit happened, which resulted in me being in the hospital for a while in a nice demerol-induced haze hooked up to IVs of course, and oxygen.

But whatever, it sucked.
smile.gif

And I missed PopMart (and about my entire fall semester as a senior!).

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

To be honest, I'm not sad I missed Popmart. I was a huge U2 fan at the time--but NOT of what they were doing at the moment. I briefly considered going to see them in Vancouver, decided not to, and then it turned out I wouldn't have been able to anyway because I had exams. Three friends of mine drove to San Diego from Victoria, BC to see the show because they didn't know if they could go to Vancouver because of the exam thing. (One of them went to Van too.)

However, I would give a lot to go back in time and see a UF or JT show. I think I would choose early in the JT tour. They were playing all the great new songs AND still Gloria and Homecoming. Unbelievable.

------------------
Their lives are bigger than any big idea

I would give my first born and left testicle to be able to go back in time to Zoo tv.
I was out of town at the time. And to have the video of the exact show I would have gone to makes it harder.

I was on the phone with ticketmaster to see POPMart.

A whole bunch of us were gonna go. It was Halloween night, and Larry's 36th birthday.

It was during one of my less "fanatical" fazes, so when ticketmaster kept putting me on hold I finally hung up.
tongue.gif

LEMONS
mad.gif

------------------
"I suppose I do everything in extremes-laugh a lot, cry a lot, fight a lot, make love a lot, eat too much, drink too much, try too much, cry too much. Pass the onion..." -Bono

~April~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 09-25-2001).]

Popmart blew me away. I believe I was 14 at the time. It will always be etched in my memory. Knocked me over more than Elevation did ... so far.

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

"Hey John Lennon ! We don't need your help." - Bono

I have some really fond memories of PopMart and the travels thru the SW US to see them. I still can't figure out why so many critics panned the tour, I thought it was brilliant. But then, that is why I am not a music critic
biggrin.gif

Wow, they're playing the acoustic version of Stuck on the radio AGAIN!!!!

BTW, you guys are so young
biggrin.gif

My big regret is missing the JT tour....

Ok, I think this might be worse; I lived 4 hours away from Denver, and could have easily seen the 'Live at Red Rocks' show, but I wasn't that into U2 yet. Can you say LOOO-SERRR?

Jason D, you are right, that is worse!
wink.gif
j.k.

I agree with those that say Popmart was a great tour. I have seen 4 U2 tours and it was probebly my 2nd favorite behind the current tour. I have so many good memories from Popmart, it doesnt hurt either that I saw Popmart 9 times. Although if Prop comes through I'am going for 8 times with Elevation. I guess to much is not enough!

Saw Popmart 3 times. WOW. I was at an early show in Eugene, it was almost too much - even for the band. The spotlights for Bullet and Edge doing karaoke will never be forgotten. Front row in Vancouver was great, but the topper was the finale in Seattle. Anyone here at the B-stage for that show? Awesome. Whole lotta love, stand by me, 40. Lots of wild moments. What a night!

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I got to see POPMart. I was 15 years old then. I would have loved to see ZooTV, but I was only 10 at the time, and I didn't even know who U2 was. That must have been some show though!

LMAO! I was 10 when I saw Zoo TV!!
wink.gif
And I knew who they were!
biggrin.gif
All thanks to my aunt to brainwashed me as a kiddo! But
frown.gif
I was too young to fully remember or even enjoy ZOO TV! That's why I side more with POPMART!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I was just a few months to late to catch Zoo TV in Tampa. By the time I had become a fan, the tour was overseas......

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

Back
Top Bottom