I Will Follow or Out of Control??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MONDAY MORNING EIGHTEEN YEARS OF DAWNING
I SAY HOW LONG, YOUSAY HOW LONG

IWF rocks but Bono just doesn't kick in with the music as energetically as with OUT OF CONTROL, tough call but definately in the OOC wins :huh:

yeah has to be out of control for me, espicially after the slane performance it blew me away

out of control
slane also blew me away - hadn't paid much attention to it before but been a favourite ever since

OOC. I've always been a huge fan. :D When the "I fought fate..."-part starts... ;) It's one of my all-time favourites.

Out of Control was awesome in the early days, but the Slane performance just sucked IMO--for "OOC" being one of my favorite songs, that's saying a lot. The tempo was too slow, the song too lifeless at Slane. Anybody who wants to hear an excellent Elevation Tour version of Out of Control should look to the May 9th performance in Boston. The energy completely blows the Slane performance out of the water.

I totally disagree with the person who said I Will Follow doesn't have the energy or intensity it used to have. Judging from my boot DVD's going all the way back to the beginning, I'd have to say that I Will Follow lost it's fire from about '87 through the Popmart Tour, but really came back to life during the Elevation Tour. That being said, I'll have to give the edge to I Will Follow if I had to choose between the 2 songs.

Back
Top Bottom