'I Will Follow' from SNL...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Sounds very POPMARTish -- anyone get that feeling when they listened to it? Bono's vocals are bittersweet, smooth and recharged on that version. When Bono sings, "A boy tries hard to be a man, his lover takes him by his hand..." I thought 'Popmart!'

It definitely was fast, but sounded great.

I think they've been singing the lover thing for awhile now. I Will Follow did sound great on SNL. I thought it sounded really fresh. Someone who didn't know their work wouldn't guess that I Will Follow is 25 years old. That's sweet. :yes:

I think it sounds more raw than Popmart - I feel the Popmart versions are ... fluid and liquidy, if that makes sense. The recent ones make me think back to pre-JT Tour performances.

I thought the Popmart version was bland, tired and boring. They tried to spice it, but it sounded forced. While it sounded better during the Elevation Tour the latest version is better because Bono's voice is many times better than it has been in years!

Looking forward to hearing it live soon!

The IWF at the brooklyn bridge show was amazing, but so was SNL. They've been playing it a lot, hope this is a sign of whats to come on the next tour. Never get sick of this classic.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death....but zi REALLY need a copy of the IWF video from SNL. I had it, and somehow it got deleted. It's driving me nuts. I must have the video!...please

Back
Top Bottom