I?ve grown up to write that JT is my #1...for the first time in my life...please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack4U

The Fly
I?ve grown up to write that Joshua Tree is my #1...for the first time in my life.

It threw off AB from the number one spot.
It took me many years to rearrange the ranking [ ...2. AB 3. UF 4. POP 5. ATYCLB ].
To discover this album as a whole and to love every little part of it. It?s absolutely pure perfection. I love it from the beggining to the end. I want to share this special moment with You... it?s almost like discover the mystery of life. The truth hidden or saved in 50 minutes and 15 seconds. So great, so calm. It completely fills my heart and mind with something unusual and almost unreal. It helps me to find peace and harmony with myself... at least for now. But I hope I will wake up tomorrow and I?ll feel the same about it.. AB still lights up my emotions even more, gets me lower and higher than any other album. From hell to heaven. Makes me cry and jump to the ceiling almost at the same time. Sharpen my senses, makes me feel everything that is around me much stronger. But JT brings that unbelieveable harmony, calmness. Took me out of here to completely other place today. Summary and sense of life as a whole on one little cd. So special and universal...Life changing album..No other words...

I?ve already experienced it too...

Amen. This is an inspired album in the truest sense of the word. Its beauty just shimmers like a desert mirage....

Sherry Darling

------------------
You don't have to be Henry Kissenger to figure out that a more prosperous world is a more secure world; a more educated world is a more tolerant world; and a more healthy world is a more stable world, and I think that would be a fitting memorial to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th. ~Bono on Leno, Thanksgiving 2001

Jacek,

I tried sending you an e-mail, but it didn't get through. If you tell me what address to send it to, I'll try to send it again. Or you can e-mail me again at babyswan11@hotmail.com.

Hope to hear from you soon!

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Wow, this is interesting. It's not very often, in my experience at least, that someone who likes Achtung Baby the best switches to Joshua Tree. It does make sense, though. Joshua Tree has an air of something eternal throughout; it takes the spirit on a journey beyond the physical, beyond the worldy troubles (of love, betrayal, etc) that Achtung takes the listener through. I suppose that Joshua reminds us of the power that is just beyond our physical scope, which is what makes it more powerful, in a sense. Just my opinion of course.

------------------
The Tempest

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:
Joshua Tree has an air of something eternal throughout; it takes the spirit on a journey beyond the physical, beyond the worldy troubles (of love, betrayal, etc) that Achtung takes the listener through. I suppose that Joshua reminds us of the power that is just beyond our physical scope, which is what makes it more powerful, in a sense. Just my opinion of course.

I honestly didn't think it was possible to put "The Joshua Tree Experience" into words, but you've done a find job Michael Griffiths!
smile.gif

This may be somewhat of a bittersweet statement (for lack of better wording), but I don't think that U2 will ever be able to surpass or match the same level of transcendentalism or spirituality The Joshua Tree captured. (Concerts do not apply here
wink.gif
)

While we're on the subject of The Joshua Tree, is it worth the $20 to buy the "Making Of" DVD?

While we're on the subject of The Joshua Tree, is it worth the $20 to buy the "Making Of" DVD?

[/B][/QUOTE]

The Making of dvd is good but it doesn't tell you anything you have heard before. It shows them in the studio and how they put some of the songs together. Kind of a different look at the whole thing.

I would say it is worth it just because anything U2 is worth 20 dollars.

JT is a great album, I agree, but I don't think it was THE best work the band has ever done. Actually, to be completely honest, it's one of my least favorite eras. *waits for the lemons to be hurled her way.*

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by Jack4U:
So great, so calm. It completely fills my heart and mind with something unusual and almost unreal. It helps me to find peace and harmony with myself... at least for now. But I hope I will wake up tomorrow and I?ll feel the same about it.. AB still lights up my emotions even more, gets me lower and higher than any other album. From hell to heaven. Makes me cry and jump to the ceiling almost at the same time. Sharpen my senses, makes me feel everything that is around me much stronger. But JT brings that unbelieveable harmony, calmness.

man Jack, that was gorgeous. How often I feel the same way-- I am constantly torn between the two as "favorite" album, they definitely sooth different moods.

but wow, i totally love and agree with what you wrote about JT. beautiful peace and calmness he paints with this landscape of america as a backdrop mixed up with the mysteries of women. And yes, ab from heaven to hell, back and forth- both albums make you bawl your eyes out, but for different reasons.

------------------
I'm honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto's Mansion

Originally posted by The kariatari:

I would say no unless you are just a diehard collector of everything with U2 in it. It has some rather dull footage of Bono in some dorky glasses and Edge in a straw hat and Lanois looking bored and playing with studio equiptment and discussing different notes and details of songs. If that's your thing you'll love it. I used to think the old footage of them in the desert driving the truck and hitchiking was worth it, but now you can get that on u2.com as the Spanish Eyes video.

About JT, what can I say. Magic. A masterpiece for all eternity!
smile.gif

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

~**The LONE She-Wolf of PLEBA!**~

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-17-2002).]

Originally posted by kariatari:

Only US$ 20? I payed almost the equivalent of US$ 30, local currency, of course...well, we always have to pay more, what am I to do...I think it?s worth, mainly if you love JT as much as I do. My fave bit is when Edge explains how he created the final chords for WOWY...and also Daniel Lanois?s remark on "Bono?s guitar"
smile.gif
And I see nothing wrong with Bono?s glasses in the video, definitely
wink.gif

And Jack4U, I second oliveu2cm?s opinion...that was gorgeous, beautiful words, as Michael Griffiths?s ones. JT is eternal. And so is AB. And so is U2.

Personally, I really like the JT DVD. I think my favorite part was where Edge was talking about the chords he plays at the end of WOWY. He looked so cute in the DVD, I think. And I enjoyed hearing Daniel Lanois talking about the album with Bono.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Thanks a lot for all Your posts!

HeartlandGirl,

I've already sent You an e-mail.
I hope it'll work now! You can respond at bono@ftv.pl - this account really works!
If You have any further problems with sending me an e-mail, please write about it here again. We'll surely work it out!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jacek

It sure is nice to read posts about U2 music.
keep 'em coming!

JT is low in my U2 album list. (although that's like saying I'm broke this week, I only have 100 million instead of 110 million).

However, as with most U2, for me, it creates a 'pool' I float in. Like an aural jacuzzi.
smile.gif

I am hooked on the Joshua Tree album right now. Achtung Baby was always my favorite, but I think I'm starting to like Joshua Tree a little more. JT is perfection. It is the most perfect album I have ever heard. A couple songs took me a little time to like, Running To Stand Still(don't know why it took so long), and Red Hill Mining Town, but I love the whole album now.

Originally posted by kariatari:

Yes, it's worth it. It's one of my favorite DVD's and I watch it at least 2 or 3 times a month. I also love the part where Edge explains the end of WOWY and I don't find it boring at all. To me, the studio footage is really interesting. And, as an added bonus, Larry actually speaks!

Ohyes Jack! You said it! I love JT-an album you can listen to all the way thru!They really created a masterful(Grammy winning, yet!)album ands still...they are making gr-8 music! Rock On U2! Play that music!

Back
Top Bottom