I threw a brick / wire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hear hear!!!!

Yes I Threw a Brick is awesome...those drums at the beginning of any live version are brilliant.

Wire is a hot song...the extended rap bono puts on it is great...

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I am especially fond of the way Bono sings "Kiss mehhh ugh oooh"

Haha!

I love both Wire and ITABTAW - very underrated!

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 11-04-2001).]

They are both excellent songs!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I Threw a brick through a Window is very cool, and very underrated ust like everything on October.

Wire is beyond cool
wink.gif
. I love that song, what a wicked guitar riff, and Bono's rap at the end is waaay coo.

I'm not a huge fan of I Threw A Brick Through A Window, but Wire is awesome! I especially enjoy a live version I have on a bootleg called "My Hometown" from Dublin in 1984 or 1985. Bono does this extra bit on the rap at the end, and it sounds kinda like a predecessor to Underworld's Born Slippy. He also makes these really weird sounds; shouts or whoops or something. I can't really describe them.

------------------
I'm searching for my mainline,
I said I couldn't hit it sideways,
I said I couldn't hit it sideways,
Ah, it's just like Sister Ray says!

I Threw a Brick is awesome, Larry owns that song. One of his greatest moments. Wire--the guitar on my song and the sheer nasty scary power makes me cold inside. Great song!
biggrin.gif

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

Wire is some good shit.

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

Wire has always been a favorite of mine, both album version and live, but it took the various live versions of I Threw A Brick to make me appreciate it more than I had.

Back
Top Bottom