I think we can all agree on this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
That the only complaint with the new album is the lack of the cool 'power outage' in Vertigo haha. Who's with me?

I noticed the power outage was in the video though.

But hell, I listened to the album about 20 times in a row now and I started from Miracle Drug.. I haven't even bothered with Vertigo.

I dunno but I'm surprised how Vertigo has grown on me.. I think its one of their best rockers

If Vertigo came later in the album track list it wouldn't work just because it's dwarfed in subject matter by some of the heavier tracks later in the album. That being said, it is an excellent song and perfect for opening the album.

I prefer the whispered "hurt" to the power outage. :shrug:

And I think that "Vertigo" has a lot more depth than people credit it with. It's like Pop, submerged beneath layers of energy and production.

I have read some posts that say that Vertigo will not have the staying power of say, Beautiful Day. I disagree, Vertigo is one of the best U2 songs ever. It rocks, it rolls, you can dance to it and it's a fun, rolicking song.

I will be saying "Hola" and "Donde Esta" for years to come.

i'm just burned out on vertigo. the day it was played on the radio i listened to it 900939093029302 times.. then the ipod ads came...

yeah.

david said:

But hell, I listened to the album about 20 times in a row now and I started from Miracle Drug.. I haven't even bothered with Vertigo.

Same here.....I've just heard "Vertigo" so much lately....kick ass song though. I agree that the power outage thing should've been on the album, but that's U2 for you, always changing songs when they become singles, after the album is already finished....

Back
Top Bottom