i think some of us need to realize how lucky we really are.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
**please keep any requests or complaints out of this thread**

not only do we have a new album, but we have alternate versions of 6 songs:

Vertigo(Native Son, and the banjo version!)
Sometimes
All Because Of You
Crumbs
Yahweh
Fast Cars(Xanax and Wine)

we got a great DVD with the album.

we have 48 page book full of the band's artwork and photos!

we have a tour starting in 4 months!!!

not to mention that the album kicks major ass!

am i the only one that feels extremely lucky this time around?

No, a lot of people do feel lucky. We should be lucky the band is still together after all these years. I disagree with the DVD, it could have been better... And I'm lukewarm on the book, I don't want it, but I'm sure others do, and they didn't force us to buy it. The album is amazing, and the alternate songs are great too. The tour is what I'm most excited about.

I did enjoy that banjo version of "Vertigo." I also really enjoyed the book - really impressed by the inclusion of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights." Also, word on teh street 'round my parts says they may play in my city. THis is pretty sweet. I am very happy with the new album and all this.

OwnershipIsALie said:
I did enjoy that banjo version of "Vertigo." I also really enjoyed the book - really impressed by the inclusion of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights." Also, word on teh street 'round my parts says they may play in my city. THis is pretty sweet. I am very happy with the new album and all this.

I think that some of us need to get lucky.........

I feel sooooooooooooo lucky and blessed to call U2 my favorite band. They still inspire and move me in mysterious ways. And I know album sales aren't an indicator of a band's credibility, i am proud that they are going to sell so much of this album. Why try to hide in the corner, covet your artistic talents (like some other band I know), and pretend you don't want everyone to buy your album? Music shouldn't be made for a select few. It should be triumphant and move the masses, because that's what makes the world go round. ;)

This is the best time to be a U2 fan and it just keeps getting better.

Axver said:
This is the best time to be a U2 fan and it just keeps getting better.

it's a super time to be a u2 fan, but the 1991-1992-1993 era was the best for me personally.

JOFO said:

it's a super time to be a u2 fan, but the 1991-1992-1993 era was the best for me personally.

Yes, we are very lucky, but the best era for U2 fans was 1976 through 2004 (so far).

Very good thread - and a very important one. :applaud:

We need to be MORE GRATEFUL FOR THE GIFTS WE RECEIVE - whether from U2 or elsewhere.

The more thankful we are for the people and the things (including music) that we have in our lives, the more the Universe can expand that Goodness and give us more!:wink:

U2 fans/followers should feel VERY LUCKY to still have this MAGNIFICENT GROUP OF MUSICIANS with us to share with us their lives and their music. They could have decided not to share themselves with us as much as they have. It is the ULTIMATE TRIBUTE TO U2 that they remain the down-to-earth and generous people that they are. :bow:

So let's all try harder to be more tolerant, more open, more loving, more forgiving and definitely more grateful for ALL THE ASTOUNDING/UPLIFTING GIFTS THAT WE GET FROM U2 EVERY DAY.

And then, let us give them the ultimate respect by demonstrating the same gifts that they give us with each other and with the world. :angel:

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love: :hug:

I agree with Mark F. There is no one certain time that is or was better to be a U2 fan. U2 as an entity continues to amaze me. How can one band bring so many people together, and still stay on top of their game 28 years down the road?

Amazing.......

it is the best time to be a u2 fan because I was always a fan, but I became a fanatic after the Elevation tour. So basically, for the last three years I've been talking non-stop shit about U2 to my friends and family and they haven't made any new music since that time. So I finally have a new album to shove in their faces to back up my talk, and they all like or love the new CD.

Can't wait for the tour, that will be even more exciting for me (if thats possible), when they announce the dates and going to the shows, logging onto interference and seeing peoples reviews of their shows that went to, how they felt, what songs they played.

I say it's the best time to be a U2 fan because we keep getting more. Sure, 1991 may have been great, but there was no Zooropa. 1993 may have been great, but there was no Pop or ATYCLB or HTDAAB. U2 continue to grow and evolve, the U2 story and legend continues, and with it, we keep getting more and more. It's wonderful.

kakvox said:
Music shouldn't be made for a select few. It should be triumphant and move the masses, because that's what makes the world go round. ;)

Blessings aren't just for the ones who kneel, luckily.

Yes, I do feel lucky and a bit content. We have a great album, which for me, is still growing (amazingly enough). I'm looking forward to the tour and am glad that we can still get priority tickets.

The Complete U2 is better than I actually expected. There's still so much new to listen to. Plus, the concept of downloading concerts from iTunes.

Now, if we can only get mid-stream album a la Zooropa...

Back
Top Bottom