I think Larry was directing his F/O comments to fans like this-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok whoever posts in here is an eejit who fell for this joke, I'm just making an example of myself:wink:

doctorwho said:
Good one Diamond.

Then again, need I remind you about how much complaining you've done about HTDAAB? :wave:

Dr Who,
For the record:
Never really complained about this album, only that I favored ATYCB over HTDAAB.

I see all albulms as the artist's work.

When a 'supposed' fan does this type of complaining attempting to launch protests and bad mouthing his 'favorite band' I can picture Larry saying "oh puleeeez F/O".:yes:

Jick is in the clear w Larry I believe.

db9:wink:

Last edited:
diamond said:

Dr Who,
For the record:
Never really complained about this album, only that I favored ATYCB over HTDAAB.

I see all albulms as the artist's work.

Maybe you feel that way in your heart, but your posts have said something else. Here are your own words:
atyclb crushes 'how to dismantle and run from an atomic
lemon'

the only good song is crumbs.

Sounds a bit harsher than a "mere favoring" as you suggest. :wave:

"Fans" like this are driving me up a wall. They're the objects of my emotions I directed my new painting, "Frustration Street" at. I can only imagine how frustrating this whole situation feels for the band, particularly Larry as he started the band in the first place.

Last edited:
It's a Radiohead fan, not surprising that he's bashing U2. His journal also stops on 1/29, 3 or 4 before U2 began giving refunds of $40. Complete tool.

MrBrau1 said:
It's a Radiohead fan, not surprising that he's bashing U2. His journal also stops on 1/29, 3 or 4 before U2 began giving refunds of $40. Complete tool.

I wrote to this "fan" stating just what you wrote.

Larry Mullen admits U2 is partially at fault. He publicly apologizes. To help compensate fans, he offers a full refund of their U2.com membership. They also are looking into scalpers - and have been true to their word as numerous eBay auctions (obviously done by scalpers) have been closed. Also, they have promised a return to NA in the fall and have stated that everyone's code would be valid then as well. So those who sadly missed out now, still have a chance for great tickets this autumn.

Now, that's a lot! If U2 were just interested in "lining their pockets" as this "fan" states, I highly doubt U2 would have done all of the above. In fact, I doubt any other artist would do half of what U2 has done here.

This "fan" ended his rant on the 29th - failing to mention any of the things U2 have done to rectify the situation. Maybe it doesn't resolve the issues of him not having tickets right now, but at least U2 are trying. How convenient for him to not post this in his rant. :tsk:

Of course, Diamond still hates HTDAAB. :wave:

MrBrau1 said:

Hey now, leave the stereotypes alone. My two favorite bands are U2 and Radiohead, respectively. Not every Radiohead fan is a critical jerk who cuts up anything they perceive as "coporate" etc. Johnny Greenwood is one of the biggest U2 fans in the world, he's always idolizing them in interviews.

doctorwho said:

Of course, Diamond still hates HTDAAB. :wave:

Hate is too harsh a word.

Do I favor Leave Behind over Bomb? :yes:

Do I love the song Crumbs? :yes: More than any song on ATYCLB?:yes:

Do I like and know who inspired Man and a Woman and who it is written about?:yes:

It's not what most fans think, and my source is quite reliable:ohmy:

Do I like Dr Who?:mad: :wink: yes.

Are there cuter fans than Dr Who? only a few:angry:

thank u

db9

Last edited:
Man, this is depressing to relive.

1-6minute-wait.gif

One step closer to loading...
One step closer to loading...
To loading...
To loading...

Yeah Diamond, spill the beans about Man and a Woman.

Or at least create a series of clues, each more elaborate than the last.

That person obviously hasn't read The Mullen Apology. If he does, his love for the band will be renewed and will even be stronger than before.

Cheers,

J

U2utah2U said:
Yeah Diamond, spill the beans about Man and a Woman.

Or at least create a series of clues, each more elaborate than the last.

Clue-
Find a boot of Phx Nov 23rd Elevation show.
Bono screams out during a song "_______ this songs' for you"!

That is who "little sister" is.

I 'm glad Mr Teeter took down his stupid website. The link is now dead.
I emailed him and told him he was a schmuck.
Now the link is dead.
He claimed 15 ppl emailed him and supported his actions or were sympathetic and that I was the only one who opposed him:hmm:

Typical of most whiners, theyre usually in the minority thinking their views supercede others while in fact the majority is silent.

The tickect fiasco has now blown over.
U2 has not suffered even if the whiners choose to expose their true colours.

peace,
db9

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think I know who inspired the line "some people got way too much confidence baby"
Take this mouth
So quick to criticise
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss

Back
Top Bottom