I think I like the Remix better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Last week I asked you guys to help me come up with some good tunes to make a complilation CD of U2 remixes.
Those who offered their help gave me some great recommendations thx!!
Some I had already heard, but so many of the remixes I hadn't. Now... I have found that I like the remix of some songs, better than the REAL thing!
biggrin.gif

*Last Night On Earth (Mix) --> Don't remember the exact name of this mix (I am at work), but it is really great. The differences are pretty subtle in comparison to the album version, but enough to make it that much better in my opinion. There is just something to it that really gives it a dance/punk feel.

*Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix) --> I have never really been a big fan of Dirty Day, but after hearing this mix, it's got something now. It's more powerful, more fitting to the whole Zooropa style IMO.

*Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Mix) --> I have always thought that this mix of the song, was far superior than the album version. Love the guitar. This mix makes a mediocre song brilliant.

*Stay (Mix) --> I also don't know exact name of this mix, and I am really quite shocked that I am even saying this, but WOW. I love it! Gives the song a funk soul beat. Very cool indeed. Hard to really say if this song is better than the album version, but it is IMO on par for sure.

Other favourites include "Mofo (Explicit ReMix)" & "Mysterious Ways Solar Plexus Xtended Club Mix", though I prefer the originals...
wink.gif

Any of you feel the same? Or have other remixes you prefer over the originals?

One of my fantasies is an entire remix of Pop. Great songs, rushed production. After hearing all the great live versions of those songs, it's really hard to listen to the album version.

I don't usually prefer a remix over an original U2 song, but there are several remixes that certainly "tie" with their forebearers in my estimation. The Hallelujah mix of Walk On, the Influx Remix of Elevation, the Temple Bar edit of WGRYWH and the Perfecto remix of Lemon come to mind.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I don't usually prefer a remix over an original U2 song, but there are several remixes that certainly "tie" with their forebearers in my estimation. The Hallelujah mix of Walk On, the Influx Remix of Elevation, the Temple Bar edit of WGRYWH and the Perfecto remix of Lemon come to mind.

*agrees with ALL of Sula's choices.

For me, there were times that a remix DID help me like a song. The Perfecto mix of Lemon is an example - I never liked the album version, but I am hooked on that remix.

remixes = good stuff!

Originally posted by doctorwho:

awww. How flattering.
smile.gif
Then again, it's only fair...seeing as I tend to agree with 99% of your posts.
wink.gif

Originally posted by doctorwho:

For me, there were times that a remix DID help me like a song. The Perfecto mix of Lemon is an example - I never liked the album version, but I am hooked on that remix.

remixes = good stuff!

ditto!

Angel, I am less familiar with the ones you mentioned while I happen to know all the ones sula mentioned. I like remixes when I happen upon them, but I generally don't seek them out for some reason. Maybe I subconsciously like to save these kinds of new discoveries for the dry periods...like now.

Originally posted by Angel:
What about my choices....

Nah, I ABHOR your choices.
wink.gif

Just teasing. I like *most* of your choices too - some of which were repeated in Sula's list. I prefer the Perfecto mix of "Mysterious Ways" more than your choice, and I'm still debating with myself (for a long time now) whether I like the remix of "Stay" more than the original.

But now we are just getting picky. They are all remixes - it's all good.
biggrin.gif

Where can I get the Stay remix again? I know this has been discussed but I'm blanking on where it's from and I must have it...before, say, 5pm tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
Where can I get the Stay remix again? I know this has been discussed but I'm blanking on where it's from and I must have it...before, say, 5pm tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

I have most of the remixes mentioned in this thread, and a lot more, on my FTP site. Anyone can get them from there. And if you have a good one I don't have, please upload it!

------------------
u22u.dns2go.com
port 2002
user u22u
pass u22u

I have always loved the Massive Attack Mix of Mysterious Ways. What a great groove! I also love the Hexidecimal mix of Discoteque.

My 2 cents...

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by BB218:
I have most of the remixes mentioned in this thread, and a lot more, on my FTP site. Anyone can get them from there. And if you have a good one I don't have, please upload it!

Thank you.
smile.gif

I agree with all of Angel's original choices, although add the single version of Please, and scratch the underdog mix of Stay. Lot's of people like it, I hate it.

I'm doing the same thing Angel! never used to care much for the remixes, now after I have finished downloading them all (fruitlegs and others ect) I should have about 11 CD's to burn, all remixes! lol

------------------
Round and round the forum I go, where I stop nobody knows, cos I'm a annoying little piece of...Interference!

Originally posted by Angel:

*Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss Mix) --> I have never really been a big fan of Dirty Day, but after hearing this mix, it's got something now. It's more powerful, more fitting to the whole Zooropa style IMO.

I've always loved Dirty Day, but both the remixes kick the orginal's ass!

wink.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

even though I find some of them very good, I can't say that I prefer any mix over the original song

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

There is one Remix of a U2 which I think is better than the original, and that's the Junk Day Remix of Dirty Day on the Please Single. It Rox

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
why do people like those Dirty Day remixes, they gut the song and make it sound like elevator music

I think the remixes give Dirty Day some balls.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Back
Top Bottom