I so don't get this....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
private jet for U2

This was on youtwo.net -

From The Irish Mirror:

U2 PLAN TO TOUR BY JET
By Paul Martin

U2 star BONO wants to buy a jet to take the band on their next tour. My perfectly
placed spies say Bono, 42, has his assistants looking for the best deal on the
market.

One said: "He thinks it would be a great idea if they had a private jet to cut down
on travel costs and make life more comfortable.

"U2 go all over the world with their music so it seems like a good idea. They might
even call it U2 airways."

Seems very odd to me that they don't already have a private jet. They are multi-multi-millionaires. There are people who make a small fraction of what they make and have private jets. In fact I thought the 747 that they had during POPMART was theirs, since it had the POP logos on the side and everything. Anybody know if this story is true or not.

yeah they rented it.

if this good idea is true it suggests that they are planning to tour for awhile

just as long as bono doesn't 'drive';)

kobayashi said:
yeah they rented it.

if this good idea is true it suggests that they are planning to tour for awhile

just as long as bono doesn't 'drive';)

I don't think he should, either....LMAO!!!! Yeah, it's great news if it's true. I do hope they have a few tours left in them........

VelvetDress mentioned to me that this is a good sign that they will be touring again soon, and probably extensively, if they find the need to now (after so long) to finally invest in a plane.

:cool: r u ready?? :D

oliveu2cm said:
VelvetDress mentioned to me that this is a good sign that they will be touring again soon, and probably extensively, if they find the need to now (after so long) to finally invest in a plane.

:yes:

I hope so. I also hope they decide to land here once in a while...:heart:

When it says private jet, I don't think they refer to a 747, 757, or anything like that, I think they are talking about a private ejecutive jet, like a lear jet or something, something very high class for 10 or 12 ppl, maybe Bono is tired of lobbing traveling in airlines.

And yes the planes for zoo tv popmart and elevation, were all rented.

June 26, 2002

From The Irish Mirror:

U2 PLAN TO TOUR BY JET
By Paul Martin

U2 star BONO wants to buy a jet to take the band on their next tour. My perfectly
placed spies say Bono, 42, has his assistants looking for the best deal on the
market.

One said: "He thinks it would be a great idea if they had a private jet to cut down
on travel costs and make life more comfortable.

"U2 go all over the world with their music so it seems like a good idea. They might
even call it U2 airways."

*Maybe I'm crazy, but haven't they leased 757's on the last three tours???????*

oliveu2cm said:

GOD, yes! I can't WAIT to see them again!

rafmed said:
I think they are talking about a private ejecutive jet, like a lear jet or something, something very high class for 10 or 12 ppl
I think so too

good idea if you can afford it

It's a big step to "buy" rather than "rent" a jet. You really have to be using it more than once every two or three years for it to be cost effective, becuase you have to store and maintain the jet between uses.

I think all of Bono's political and charity work might have been a big factor in making the decision to finally buy something like a Lear Jet. Think how may times he alone has been on a plane since the tour ended. It would also be available to each member for private use as well, and they all own overseas property they visit frequently. I think they all finally do enough travelling to justify the maintenance costs. It's not so much of a luxury if it's getting frequent use. Probably even saves money.

I know after three of my companies employees were killed on one of the planes that crashed in the WTC, they are seriously considering several jets for company use.

And this will open up new jobs in the U2 camp. They will now need a few pilots available, airplance maintenance workers, stewards, etc. Takes a few people to keep a plane in the air. I have an aviation and rocketry science background. I'm sure I could help they out in some way. How cool would that be?

Back
Top Bottom