I saw the U2 3D trailer today!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that sounds pretty cool:

"If this year's ShoWest is any indication, 3-D is quickly becoming that "killer app." Warner Bros. Intl. Cinemas prexy Millard Ochs went so far as to say, "From a distributor's point of view, the whole reason for purchasing a digital system is that I saw what (3-D provider) Real D was capable of doing for the future.
And that was a day before a preview of footage from concert film "U2 3D" left exhibs buzzing."

I really hope their are not really so much fast cuts (I hated that in IMAX 3d-films)

"With new tools, 3ality's "U2 3D" pushes the speed even further with six- and eight-frame edits."

full article:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117962958.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Last edited:
Nightsong said:
from atu2:

U2 3D GOES TO CANNES
April 05, 2007
posted by: Tassoula

It was announced today in Hollywood that the much-anticipated new U2 concert documentary, U2 3D, will be screened at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival, which begins May 16.

There is no word yet on whether or not the band will attend the preview, but one has to assume due to their affection for the French Riviera, their attendance is likely.

If it's screening there, maybe it will make it's way to theaters before Fall 2007!:drool:
Seems to be official that (at least) Bono will be in Cannes to present the U2:3D movie.
:hyper:

I really wonder on which format the movie will be shown -
IMAX - therefore would speak that the movie is listened for 55 minutes
RealD - therefore would speak that the RealD-Side has listed the film (with poster:ohmy: )
or on both like it's written on the link I posted above (but that seems unlikely to me - as I know that has never been done before: corporation between RealD and IMAX)

I saw the rolling stones tour (there is just one looong tour) at an Imax - it was great, apart from your close ups on Micks face are a little bit scary!

THe best thing about Imax theatres is they have great sound systems - worth going just to hear the film...

Anyone seen definite release dates/ screanings for the UK?

Was bored at work today and played the trailer in 3D on a continuous loop for about 20 minutes. :corn:

Yeah, I'm bragging, plus I wanted to get 10,000 views for my post.

I did ask my film buyer if there was a definitive date yet, and he told me "no". :waiting:

Back
Top Bottom