I saw PopMart Mexico the other day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
and I wasn't expecting Bono's voice to be as good as it was, but it was pretty great.

The entire show is fantastic.

Mofo -> New Year's Day is pure amazing, might be the best group of songs to open a show. The most badass song was Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by far, but why was Bono coughing?

Mysterious Ways was freakin' amazing, I can't believe no one mentions Edge's funny foot shuffle, it was one of the show's highlights for me.

Pride was my only skippage point of the whole show, also, Miami and the Edge Karaoke song would've been cooler than the acoustic Sunday Bloody Sunday, IMO.

All I Want is You with the Never Tear Us Apart snippet was brilliant, hope they add it to the song if it's played in the 5th leg (for Michael Hutchence)

The screen is what blew me away the most, after not being sure what to expect from this show, I think it's safe to say that it's U2's best tour after ZooTV.

The coolest part about all this is that I saw it on my iPod, thanks to the iPod-Video thread people in Music on the Internet

Poppppppptastic. :up:

(oh, and I'm sorry for my last thread, it was a lame joke by the time I said anything.)

Last edited:
Before this was released on video, I think it was Showtime that aired this show. I was in high school at the time, and I was so bummed that my family didn't have Showtime...so my parents ordered Showtime and canceled it after a month, just so I could see the concert. :laugh: It's such a great show. :yes:

I saw it a few weeks ago for the first time as well (ordered the VHS off of amazon). I agree with you about the voice thing - Bono's voice was stronger than I expected it to be, I didn't find it a weak part of the performance at all. The highlight for me was All I Want Is You and the passionate Never Tear Us Apart snippet.

Bono always hacks his way into HMTMKMKM, it's one of my favorite parts of Popmart :drool: but sounds so painful every time!

I love the continual requests to turn off the lights, and Bono's smothering during WOWY.

The coughing is part of the intro, makes it more badass. :wink:

To me LNOE is the highlight, especially the ending it's just so amazing! And ofcourse Please! :drool:

Really everyone who hasnt watched this concert on VCD, video needs to do it.

In my eyes this really needs to be released as a DVD. Imagne looking at Last Night on Earth playing with DVD qualitly image and crystal clear DD 5.1 sound!! :drool: :drool:

And yes Bono's voice to me was perfect, far better then his Elevation or Vertigo voice. Im sure it was worse at a couple of concerts but i really love the dark, hoarse voice of Bono in his POP era.

And everytime i watch it i wonder: WHY DON'T YOU GUYS PLAY MORE POP SONGS ON THE VERTIGO TOUR!

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

The coolest part about all this is that I saw it on my iPod, thanks to the iPod-Video thread people in Music on the Internet

no prob :)

the part i really like is during UTEOTW when Edge is taunting Bono with his guitar.
i love the camera angle on that bit with the smoke and lighting around Edge's silluoette.

:love: PopMart Mexico :love:

So many moments, too many to mention, but I'll try:
The Mofo intro: "MOOOOOOOFO! Mofo..."
The middle-eight in LNOE, "Mexico, Mexico, Mexico City, how did you get so high?"
Bono shouting "Life us higher, Lord!" during ISHFWILF
Bono's Labamba fuckup during Desire
The amazingly hearttugging segue from Please to Streets
The short journey of the mirrorball lemon (gotta love the WTF looks on the faces in the croud)
The Discotheque Boomchas
The cheeky HMTMKMKM performance
Bono tearing up during One

And now I realllly, reallllly want to go watch it. This really needs to be released on DVD :madspit:

Actually believe or not , it's clear in fact , who messed up in Desire was Edge , he lost the rhythm of it

Talking bout Popmexico , something I always say but just can't stop telling ......

BEST ONE ( FULL BAND ) EVER !!! Edge's sound unbelievable

Last edited:
If they ever release it on DVD, i'd like an extra addition to be able to hear the concert, but just see what they had on the big screens at the time.

Cos there are things i remember seeing at the concert, that don't make it onto the video.

Wonder if they kept it all?

Ellay said:
If they ever release it on DVD, i'd like an extra addition to be able to hear the concert, but just see what they had on the big screens at the time.

Cos there are things i remember seeing at the concert, that don't make it onto the video.

Wonder if they kept it all?

I wanted the same thing for ZooTV (especially The Fly background). No luck.

Back
Top Bottom