I really HAVE done it! - PERFECT ORDER! (not kidding)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For what it's worth, here's the alternative tracklisting i've had for a couple of months on my ipod:-

Love and peace or else
All because of you
Sometimes...
Miracle drug
City of blinding lights
Crumbs...
Vertigo
A man and a woman
Yahweh
Fast Cars
Original...
One Step Closer

I really like a lot of aspects to all of these tracklists. LAPOE at the beginning is a goos idea as well. I like mine the best of course but it is a testament to how good this album is that there are so many interesting and legitimate ways to arrange it.

I actually like your list man. I`m gonna try it out. I don`t like Miracle Drug as the opener. But if it was the opener than it should have some kind of a slow intro kinda like Still Haven`t Found or BD and Streets (just not as long as Streets). But I`m gonna try it.

not a bad order. i like miracle drug opening the record. i disagree, laz, that people aren't ready for the lyrics from the get-go. there's only two kinds of people buying this record: 1) us - and we are just fine with that subject matter coming first and 2) people who don't give a rip what the song is about, they just know that it's U2. most people don't give the lyrics the emphasis that we do.

but with that said, vertigo is so out of place on this record that #1 is really the only place to put it... in my opinion.

though i do agree that it's not until MD starts that i feel as if the album is truly beginning... vertigo is like the preview to the movie. it's nice to have, but let's move on, already.

and i don't think that i would include fast cars... especially seeing how much better it was as xanax and wine.

but other than that i like your order.

james

I am sorry, but the original tracklist that started this thread is terrible. Not only does it have no flow at all, but all the similar songs are bunched together which makes it hard for the listener to remember melodies. And starting off an album with 6 mellow songs would DEFINITLEY knock off a huge fan base. Also, ending an album with the four "different" tracks would give the reviewers A LOT to make fun of. "It seems like U2 ran out of ideas by track 8 and just took ideas from their other albums." I agree with some of what you say, like Vertigo not being a good opener and the album not really starting until Miracle Drug, but this is definitley not the perfect tracklist. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom