I really enjoy Slane.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarvark

Acrobat
I really do. Quite Honest. I do.

Please consider buying it. I admit I thought it might not be worth it and I would never use it but I was wrong.

It makes me happy.

Great show, great playing, great songs, lackluster carpentry, great crowd, great venue, great emotion, decent lighting, and great "bono speeches".

Yeah... it's my 2nd favourite taped U2 show, after Zoo Tv Sydney

Until the end of the world, Out of control, sunday bloody sunday, kite, angel of harlem, streets, bullet the blue sky, walk on... all great performances!! :up:

wow thanks!
i was debating between Elevation Tour Miami and Slane, but I thikn I'm going to go with Slane. event hough Miami has "bad".

It showcases the personality of the bad the best I think. Bono and Edges little games. Larry and Adamn taking front stage for desire.

Really great.

Tarvark said:
It showcases the personality of the bad the best I think. Bono and Edges little games. Larry and Adamn taking front stage for desire.

Really great.

During AOH, when Edge and Bono reach the first "Angel of Harlem" and Adam and Larry are supposed to kick in, and Adam comes in a mesaure too early.

Bono-"One! Two!..."

Then they flash to Larry and Adam again, both with huge grins on their faces.

And then there's the beachball... :wink:

possibly my favorite U2 dvd, because all what Theedge070 said and more

:yes:

slane was my first U2 dvd, but I love it the most.
the emotion that's shown is just incredible, and the sound is just amazing, and then there's so many funny things that happen throughout the show.

it's great overall

And Edge getting beaned in the head with a ballcap lol.

I found the limited edition of this over in a little country town. What's the difference between this and the standard Slane jewel case? Is it just the packaging itself?

At any rate, it really is a great show and it's nice to be able to watch them on their home turf.

Oh look Edge... a beachball!

The audio is fantastic, and the camera work is amazing. There's so much emotion in this show, it's practically raw and Bono's vocals are topnotch... and the crowd, don't get me started.

I love the Slane DVD so much.

The audio is really, really good on this one, :yes:. Better than on the Boston DVD, IMO.

I watched this twice again yesterday, I've had it since it came out but haven't watched it for a few months. I still love it!
Wake Up Dead Man, wow. I fell in love with this song after seeing the heartfelt version on the Slane DVD.
And yesterday, watching it with my 3 year old daughter, she loves it too, she asked me "why does the edge keep shaking his butt?" LOL!
Molly

This is one of my favorites! When I got a new tv, it was the first thing I put on it! :wink:

This dvd is the main reason I'm on this forum. I got it for my birthday almost exactly a year ago, and it instantly turned me into a complete U2 fanatic.

Slane:heart: :love: :drool: :happy:

Back
Top Bottom