I really don't see whats so unusual....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllBecauseofYou

The Fly
about the Edge posting here from time to time. Other bands do it. Professional baseball and football players do it...so ..whats the big deal?

Adam and Edge are known to participate in web chats and to look at fan sites.....If I were them...I would too. The net is a great way to keep the pulse of your fans. I am new to signing up here (wanted to say HI to the Edge) But I am not a new U2 fan. I have seen every tour except for two early tour. I have read tons of interviews and watched lots of interview footage over the years and this comes off EXACTLY like the U2/Edge I know and love. Look at this....CASE IN POINT:

http://microsites.nme.com/u2interview/site/

this type of interview is old hat to the U2.....I'm just glad Interference was able to get it! Kudos to Interference!

and Hello The Edge
:wave:
Remember meeting me in '87? lol

I think we all want to believe its The Edge posting but some of us are natural sceptics. It would be nice if Priniciple Management could come out and declare that its The Edge.

Or if The Edge could say something about the new album.

It is entirely feasible that band members read and post on boards. Im aware of other bands where the members post on their boards. So it wouldnt be a first.

But its also easy on the internet to pretend you are anybody you want to be.

I want to believe.

I really don't think that it is PM's business. The Edge is entitled to a personal life......

If he wants to drop a line to his fans .....so be it......U2's management firm isn't going make a big deal out of it..

I read the threads and the Edge has given alot of information...it looks good to me....I'm sure he can't reveal alot at this point

It would be great if he popped in on tour though....great insight it would be

AllBecauseofYou said:
I really don't think that it is PM's business. The Edge is entitled to a personal life......

If The Edge was to post on a french knitting board then it may not be Principle Managements business.

The Edge is posting about U2 on a U2 board and U2 is the business of Principle Management.

Look, I want it to be The Edge, I really do.

PS I have sent you an email

beli said:

If The Edge was to post on a french knitting board then it may not be Principle Managements business.

The Edge is posting about U2 on a U2 board and U2 is the business of Principle Management.

Look, I want it to be The Edge, I really do.

PS I have sent you an email

OK...but this is his band and he can do what he wants. U2 were a band long before the had management teams and such...

Its his free time.....

AllBecauseOfYou,

The mods here have been shutting down threads like this - not allowed to discuss anyones identity rule.

In case this one goes off the wire too can you email me please belilindt [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks. Just would like to discuss thats all. Im not scary. lol

There was an issue of some imping of band member(s) a long while back in the ATYCLB days... pissed some members of (a few of whom were Interference regulars who seemed to get bitter by the fakery... can't remember if people got over it). I think it was chalked up to being a joke done by a "respected" member. I think its that kind of touchy history and the fact that imps tend to suck which contributes to the "edginess" of things.

I'm really just tired of all this bickering people have been doing lately. It's all so pointless.

AllBecauseofYou said:

Very true. A nice ego polishing is good. So is caring about what your fans think....thats my take.....

Completely agree! The same is actually true w/running a site like this... although I'm not nearly as famous.. lol.

Elvis said:
I'm really just tired of all this bickering people have been doing lately. It's all so pointless.

Ive been watching and agree there is no point.

Edge is an internet veteran..by what Ive heard:wink:

I hope he signs on while I'm on sometime!

AllBecauseofYou said:

i know of 2 Elvis' and both are famous....certainly one more wont hurt ....

Well, I cant play guitar... so I wont be getting pulled up on stage like my friend Arun did (last tour)... and I cant sing... mm.. and I cant really dance (well)... I'm so screwed! lol

Elvis said:

Well, I cant play guitar... so I wont be getting pulled up on stage like my friend Arun did (last tour)... and I cant sing... mm.. and I cant really dance (well)... I'm so screwed! lol

Just keep doing a great job here. This is a U2 fans dream...what more could a fan want?

Back
Top Bottom