I Pity The Fool Who Can't Appreciate Mofo...(aka An In-Depth Analysis Of Mofo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of the way through it's sucking, but if you listen carefully towards the end, the F word is definitely in there.

I guess I'm one of those people the original post was talking about - the one you should pity. I guess it makes me feel like less than a great U2 fan to not like some songs that others are crazy about. So I try to understand why people like it so much. On the other hand, there sure are alot of people who don't like Pop at all. I like "Gone" (although I like the Best Of version better) and I like Staring at the Sun. Discotheque I can take or leave. Achtung is my favorite album.

BEVERLY56 said:
Do the lyrics say "sucking" or do they really say "f-ing".

What about live? The extra track on the Best of sounds like it could be edited out and if I'm not mistaken, my 'Hasta la Vista, Baby' boot says "sucking"

Ellay said:

No it's not, the bonus track on the best of DVD is a remix of MOFO, but with shots taken from the entire mexico show as it's video. It sounded completely different live.

Gotcha. Guess I should go get POP then. Seems like I have so many of their cd's, but there's still so much I don't have :ohmy:

Axver said:
Live, Mofo OWNED. 23 September 1997, people. I used it to psyche myself up before debates in high school.

I have a soft spot for PopMart Mannheim, best version I have.

No, wait, the MTV awards versions takes the piss, the Dennis Hopper introduction.

'Are you ready to rumble, welcome ringside....'

Ahhhhhhhh, MOFO

Back
Top Bottom