I Pity The Fool Who Can't Appreciate Mofo...(aka An In-Depth Analysis Of Mofo)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And AtomicBono and Zootl have done a more-than-adequate job of showing why Mofo's lyrics are superior to Elevation's. Thank you, gentlemen.

Zootlesque said:

To each his own I guess.. cos the studio version of Velvet Dress is a combination of :drool: , :heart: , :love: , :combust: and :faint:

:wink:

So true, I actually prefer the studio version just because of the beautiful bridge...:drool: and I love the whole atmosphere, the way Bono's voice is so low and sexy in the beginning... :combust: I think the album version is way sexier than the Jools Holland version, which everyone seems to prefer for some reason :scratch:

And I agree that Elevation and Mofo are two completely different types of songs, but I still don't get how you could think Elevation's lyrics are like Shakespeare compared to Mofo? What is so bad about Mofo's lyrics, exactly?

Zootlesque said:
I don't think I've ever heard a live version of Velvet Dress. :shifty:

:shocked: do you not have Live in Mexico City?!

Live it's very good, an awesome segue from Discotheque...but the song is way shorter live. :slant: still definitely worth checking out though...!

Zootlesque said:
umm.... would you be kind enough to say................... email it to me??? :hyper:

:wink:

Sent through ysi 'cause last time I tried to send you a song through a regular email attachment I got a letter announcing it wouldn't fit in your inbox or something :eyebrow:

I can't believe you don't have Popmart Live in Mexico City. What are you, some sort of person that doesn't have Popmart Live in Mexico City?

I wish I had Discotheque on this computer so I can send it to you as well and you could see how the transition worked...

AtomicBono said:

I can't believe you don't have Popmart Live in Mexico City. What are you, some sort of person that doesn't have Popmart Live in Mexico City?

:lmao: I have to get that vhs. The dvd is never gonna be released I think. :sigh:

That's strange you got that message. Maybe the filesize was too big. Mine's a hotmail acct after all.

Zootlesque said:

:lmao: I have to get that vhs. The dvd is never gonna be released I think. :sigh:

That's strange you got that message. Maybe the filesize was too big. Mine's a hotmail acct after all.

No boxset?? :sad:

Yeah them ol VHS's are so inconvenient, and good luck finding it nowadays... :p I got mine a long time ago back before DVDs were like "I 0wnz j00!!!!"

What's the filesize limit of hotmail? wouldn't think it would be less than like 10 MB...

Zootlesque said:

what boxset??? :scratch:

:reject:

there was a rumored 3 DVD boxset for this fall I think...which would be Red Rocks, ZooTV, and Popmart, I'm assuming. But it IS still just a rumour from my knowledge. Also some people think there might a Vertigo DVD boxset...:huh:

2 MB? Wow. Want me to set you up with a gmail account? :wink:

AtomicBono said:

2 MB? Wow. Want me to set you up with a gmail account? :wink:

Several people have asked me that question. But I don't need it cos I have a 100 MB yahoo acct. Shall I PM the address to you cos I don't wanna post it here for fear of getting spammed. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Several people have asked me that question. But I don't need it cos I have a 100 MB yahoo acct. Shall I PM the address to you cos I don't wanna post it here for fear of getting spammed. :wink:

I can't view PMs :sad: email me?

The best part is where everything stops (nearly everything) and Bono sings "mother... am I still your son? You know I'm waiting for so long... to hear you say so."

So incredible.

I heard MOFO for the first time just a few days ago :reject: It's a bonus track on the Best of 90-2000 DVD, and I only ran through them once, but isn't it the live from Mexico version?

btw, I liked MOFO from the start. The music grabbed me (I need time to hear the lyrics) Unlike my first reaction to 'Please'. I know this seems to be a favorite, but I don't see what the appeal is. It could turn out to be like 'So Cruel' for me.. I didn't like it at first, but now it's one of my favorites. :wink:

karinlv said:
I heard MOFO for the first time just a few days ago :reject: It's a bonus track on the Best of 90-2000 DVD, and I only ran through them once, but isn't it the live from Mexico version?

No it's not, the bonus track on the best of DVD is a remix of MOFO, but with shots taken from the entire mexico show as it's video. It sounded completely different live.

are you sure it's the mexico show?
Karinlv, get down to the music forum in the next hour or so, I'll upload you three live versions I have if you're interested. That goes for anyone else who hasn't go them already.

Zootlesque said:

Holy dunc, spacejunk coming in for the splash
(Been around the back...been around the front)
White dopes on punk staring into the flash
Looking for the baby Jesus under the trash

Mother...mother sucking rock and roll (Mother...)
Mother... rock and roll (Mother...)

I'm sorry, I really don't get it. I'm not a POP basher but I don't get most of the album, and it usually gives me a headache. I know I'm taking a huge risk saying this...but I don't even understand the title. What does MOFO mean?:scratch: :scratch::scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

BEVERLY56 said:

I'm sorry, I really don't get it. I'm not a POP basher but I don't get most of the album, and it usually gives me a headache. I know I'm taking a huge risk saying this...but I don't even understand the title. What does MOFO mean?:scratch: :scratch::scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

MOFO - Slang for Mother F***er - one of U2's more explicit lyrics!

BEVERLY56 said:
OK - so if this song is about his mother than why the ^&#$(%^&? I'm really trying to understand.

perhaps that's just a misconception. :wink:

The way I always interpret it, is that the song is actually about Rock Music..

Ie, because Bono's mother died when he was young, Rock Music took her place, and now he can't imagine life without it

(As the lyrics go - Mother F*****g rock and roll)

Back
Top Bottom