I need some snappy comebacks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandSoul

The Fly
My bro. doesn't like U2 or Coldplay and I need some snappy comebacks!!

I wrote at the end of my e-mail:
"If there's one band who I take as a benchmark...it's U2. I'm such a little kid when it comes to them. I totally, totally love that band. ~ Chris Martin"

He wrote at the end of his e-mail:
"u2 would have sold crack to nuns to make this album."
-a rolling stone quote on radiohead's "the bends"

Smartass :grumpy:

Do you guys have something clever I could send him back? :evil:

Here's a good one for him. This is a quote from Ed O'Brien of Radiohead...
"U2 were a big part of our teenage years and The Edge's guitar textures on The Unforgettable Fire were amazing, and I got to meet him. I was like, 'I've got to tell you man, I've never heard anything like that album.' The poor bloke couldn't get a word in edgeways. He must have thought I was some kind of psycho fan."

oliveu2cm said:
"Good. More concert tickets for me. Loser."

;)

:lol:

Actually I offered him a ticket to the Coldplay concert next month but he turned me down, the dweeb. Apparently the only bands that are "good enough" to waste his precious time on are Radiohead, Sigur Ros, and Pearl Jam. He did see U2 but only because his friend bought him a ticket.

:grumpy:

Dorian Gray said:
Here's a good one for him. This is a quote from Ed O'Brien of Radiohead...
"U2 were a big part of our teenage years and The Edge's guitar textures on The Unforgettable Fire were amazing, and I got to meet him. I was like, 'I've got to tell you man, I've never heard anything like that album.' The poor bloke couldn't get a word in edgeways. He must have thought I was some kind of psycho fan."

PERFECT! :happy: Not trashing Radiohead yet still preserving the dignity and greatness of U2.

I don't know why my bro. always turns everything into an argument. That's why we never got along growing up :shrug:

From a local review of "KID A": (not sure about exact words, but it was something like this)

"Thom Yorke lost the ability to write good songs, and the band are drowning in experiments instead. They lost the inspiration."

"Ya Motha" is alway a good comeback, but, er, it may not work on your brother. Try "suck a fart outa my ass", that's a good one.

MrBrau1 said:
"Ya Motha" is alway a good comeback, but, er, it may not work on your brother. Try "suck a fart outa my ass", that's a good one.

That "is" a good one. Last time I heard that was in the MOvie "The Doors"

Paul (his producer): He's too drunk to sing.

Jim Morrison: Hey Paul, why don't you suck a fart out of my ass!

Rolling Stone called Britney Spears and Shakira two of the most important women in "rock."

What ye fuck.

Chris Martin wrote "Clocks."

Politely direct the lad to the nearest clue.

Last edited:
Heart&Soul's Brother- I hate U2 and Coldplay.

Heart&Soul- FUCKIN' FUCK YOU, YA FUCKIN' FUCKER! :rant:

Simply put. :evil:

The_acrobat said:
Heart&Soul's Brother- I hate U2 and Coldplay.

Heart&Soul- FUCKIN' FUCK YOU, YA FUCKIN' FUCKER! :rant:

Simply put. :evil:

Replace Heart&Soul with "HeartlandSoul".

I thought your name said HeartandSoul, so I was making it easier to write. Sorry about the mixup! :p

you can tell him that myself, bear, jofo, screaming flower and many others love both bands and if he dosent we will hunt him down and give him a good old fashioned ass whoopin.....:angry:

hows that for a comeback!.....:mad:

..........runs for his medication......:wink:

From Q...

Guest List At U2 Concert at the London Astoria...

Colin and Johnny Greenwood - wore "this is what we should be doing" expression throughout.

And I think there was a Radiohead interview at CDNOW (although the site's gone) where Thom mentioned how he liked U2.

Back
Top Bottom