I need help coming up with a U2 tattoo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPR

Babyface
I really want to get a tattoo. I've never gotten one before. I want to get one based off of U2's lyrics. Not a U2 tattoo in the sense of having a picture of Bono or anything directly related to U2, but sort've something that illustrates the ideas in the song. I need help with ideas for symbols and pictures and crap.
Here are the songs that I want to possibly make a tattoo out've:
Walk On- Something based on "All That You Can't Leave Behind"; meaning set the past
aside and going forward with everything that is really important.

Beautiful Day- Something to personify how beautiful life is and to be excited about living.

Kite- About death. Not being afraid of death. Being able to cope with the thought of eventually having family members pass away.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think you should need help in coming up with a tattoo idea. I view a tattoo as being something very personal. If you don't know exactly what you want...you probably should wait on getting a tattoo.

Bonochick said:
I don't think you should need help in coming up with a tattoo idea. I view a tattoo as being something very personal. If you don't know exactly what you want...you probably should wait on getting a tattoo.

I would agree with Bonochick. Your body should be your shrine and so a tattoo is a personal choice you should be sure about.
But if you want an idea, how about the line from Kite "Who's to say where the wind will take you," rippling like a flag in the wind?

I have the U2 suitcase tattoo. I agree its a good one.

DPR said:
Beautiful Day- Something to personify how beautiful life is and to be excited about living.

How about something like this.. the Beautiful Day icon..

bdicon.gif

:giggle:

kiteicon.gif

graceicon.gif

DPR said:
I really want to get a tattoo. I've never gotten one before. I want to get one based off of U2's lyrics. Not a U2 tattoo in the sense of having a picture of Bono or anything directly related to U2, but sort've something that illustrates the ideas in the song. I need help with ideas for symbols and pictures and crap.
Here are the songs that I want to possibly make a tattoo out've:
Walk On- Something based on "All That You Can't Leave Behind"; meaning set the past
aside and going forward with everything that is really important.

Kite- About death. Not being afraid of death. Being able to cope with the thought of eventually having family members pass away.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've got a couple of tattoos, one of them is a U2 one, but not a picture of the band members or anything. In fact unless you know U2, you wouldn't know that it is a U2 tattoo!

What I would say is don't get something just for the sake of it. If you are going to get inked, you need to make sure you know exactly what you want so that you do not regret it later. A mate of mine, his first tattoo was the Ugly Kid Joe logo of the kid stikcking his finger up. At the time he thought it looked cool. These days, not so much!!!

Maybe try and make it 'different', so that it is unique to you. Just an idea, if it going to be a U2 tattoo, maybe combine 2 or 3 images into something. It's not important whether anyone else knows what it is because it's a personal thing to you.

Still it's entirely up to you DPR. Good luck!

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo(not necessarily a U2 one) but am very ignorant about them. I have a question: I'm losing pounds(and fast) so should I wait until I get to my desired weight before getting a tattoo?

I'm worried that if I get one, say on my upper arm, and I lose more weight afterward, that it will look weird or funny. I don't know if this makes sense or if it's a stupid question but I'm curious!

Screwtape2 said:

I would agree with Bonochick. Your body should be your shrine and so a tattoo is a personal choice you should be sure about.
But if you want an idea, how about the line from Kite "Who's to say where the wind will take you," rippling like a flag in the wind?
yeah I agree with him too. I just wanted starters ideas. I was actually really thinking of something similar to that. I just don't know how that would look. it's a great idea though.

Re: Re: I need help coming up with a U2 tattoo.

Sicy said:
I have the U2 suitcase tattoo. I agree its a good one.

graceicon.gif

I've always really liked this one!
I don't know why though...
I've never been able to find a large version of it before.

I also love the heart in the suitcase. :heart:

Either would make a nice tattoo, too.
But what really matters in the end, like everyone said, is what has the most meaning for you?

Btw, Sicilicious, I saw the pics of your new tattoo the other day! It looks *amazing*! So pretty. :love:
And painful....I'm such a needle wimp.

Re: Re: Re: I need help coming up with a U2 tattoo.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Btw, Sicilicious, I saw the pics of your new tattoo the other day! It looks *amazing*! So pretty. :love:
And painful....I'm such a needle wimp.

Thank you. :sexywink:

I really like this one. I like it so much I'm going to post it again :drool:

moonsuitcasetattoo2.jpg

BonoManiac said:
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo(not necessarily a U2 one) but am very ignorant about them. I have a question: I'm losing pounds(and fast) so should I wait until I get to my desired weight before getting a tattoo?

I'm worried that if I get one, say on my upper arm, and I lose more weight afterward, that it will look weird or funny. I don't know if this makes sense or if it's a stupid question but I'm curious!

I am not exactly sure but what your saying kinda makes sense. However on your upper arm I dont think it would make that much of a difference.

Sicy said:

I am not exactly sure but what your saying kinda makes sense. However on your upper arm I dont think it would make that much of a difference.

What I mean by that is, in the same way that when someone gains weight really fast stretch marks appear on your skin, would this affect the tattoo when losing weight because the skin gets tighter(or, by the same token, if someone gets a tattoo before they gain weight would this stretch the tattoo so it doesn't look as clear or good?). But thanks for the info.

BTW, that is one hot looking tattoo.:drool: For some reason I thought of the heart in a suitcase tattoo as the perfect U2 tattoo when I first read this thread.

If I got a U2 tatoo, I'd probably get the suitcase. It has so much meaning behind it as a symbol and ATYCLB was my first U2 album. But I hate needles.

[
I'm worried that if I get one, say on my upper arm, and I lose more weight afterward, that it will look weird or funny. I don't know if this makes sense or if it's a stupid question but I'm curious! [/B][/QUOTE]

I know this was from a while ago but so long as you don't get something that needs to be perfectly symetrical you should be fine. Age will also stretch your skin so watch out for perfect circles etc.. I have a butterfly on my right lower tummy from 10 years ago. Needless to say I've gained a little weight since then but it just looks like it's flying differently.

I also have the suitcase tattoo, i think its a good choice because it has so many different meanings...it holds a good message and philosohpy for life but also represents the meaning u2 has in my life, so thats why i got it. By the way, for those who are scared of needles just so you know, Im only 17 and i got mine like two months ago. I am a huge wimp and have a really low pain tolerance, but it honestly wasnt that bad. The anticipation is way worse than the actual tattooing itself

i might get a heart and inside it says one love...idk the suitcase is a cool one.

Back
Top Bottom