I need advice from a u2 veteran!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BittersweetGirl

The Fly
GAs sold out in minutes, so I was only able to get 2 $85 seats for the Baltimore show. I found some GAs on the internet for $150 each. Do I stick my seats on Ebay and try to get enough cash to buy the GAs, or keep the seats? Also, my friend Sarah said that once we get to the concert, we can jump the barrier into the GA section if we want to. Has anyone ever done this? Any advice?

The GA's didn't COMPLETELY sell out. They always hold off a few to release closer to the day of or on the day of the show. DON'T go for the eBay tickets! I repeat, DO NOT pay ridiculous prices for tickets anywhere.

I suggest you post a message here and any other boards you use, because once Propaganda comes through there will be extra tickets floating around. If that doesn't work, keep checking Ticketmaster (call and ask if they know when more tickets will go on sale), and as a last-ditch attempt go to the box office the day of the show and try. Hold on to your tickets now in case you can't find others, but if you're patient and persistent you can get some.

Oh, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to "jump the barricade" into GA. There's usually an entirely separate entrance, and security keeps a tight seal around GA.

[This message has been edited by rcoleman15 (edited 09-22-2001).]

hi bittersweet, sorry i can't help you with the current situation, good luck 2U.
but I'd like to tell a veteran story from the olden days, not sure if the advice will still hold. Security , as well as dresses, are much tighter these days.

ZooTV Oz (the olden days,)I was in the stands off to the side of the stage. My 3 friends had gone to the bar to get drinks before U2 started. No idea why, but some security guys beckoned the group of us there to hop over the fence and into the fenced off area. A minor orderly stampede ensued. I was torn about what to do. I thought about being separated from my friends for the evening and them worrying about me(they assured me later they would not have worried. huh!)AND ...this is the advice bit...I was wearing a short dress, not the best for swinging a "leg over" the fence. lol@the memory. I think this only happened because crowd numbers are smaller in Oz, one of those "it could only happen in Australia and probably never will again" type incidents, but it was funny and I wanted to share the tale with you.
I dressed much more sensibly for Popmart, just in case......u never know your luck bittersweet
biggrin.gif
main thing is...don't miss U2 live. Enjoy the concert.

Don't feel bad about your seats. You still hear the music the same as everyone else, and at least you can say you were there!
I'm way up in the balcony for Vegas, but hey I don't care-'cause at least I got tickets!

Back
Top Bottom