I must have been living under a rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
...because I just finally got hold of the bootleg to their awesome New Year's Eve concert at the Point and it is the most brilliant thing I have ever heard!!! It made me cry! lol
biggrin.gif
What a loser!!! Anyway, I want to say thx to Crazy4Bono for putting it up on her site to download!!
biggrin.gif
Thx girl!! (except you didn't put up Disc II or I didn't catch it from you...)

So what do you all think of it? It is amazing. Bono's voice is sooooo young (and no, that is not a hack to his maturer voice of present day). They sound like they are having so much fun. Was anyone from this forum there that night? The quality is superb. What a gem to have from that era. Oh, and can I ask a really stupid question.... I haven't listened to in it's entirety yet and like I mentioned, I don't have disc II, but is this the gig where they said they had to dream it all up again? Or was it one of the previous three?

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

You are sending this to me along with the London 21 show right C?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

YES!!! You soooooooo have to hear this, OMIGOD! you are going to die!

Okay cool...send em off!!!! hehe...I just email you too
smile.gif

------------------

No one has answered my stupid question yet. maybe it's not as stupid as I thought, seeing as though no one so far seems to know then....

Originally posted by Ava Adore:
You don't have it on your FTP.

Well I'll be... out of those three shows close together I went and picked 12-27-89 to download. Poo.

Well thanks! I'll have to hunt it down.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

The Jan 10th 1990 show is good too.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
The Jan 10th 1990 show is good too.

hUH? Am I on crack? I thought the New Years Eve was their last show before ZooTv!?@# SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

When'd they say they had to go away and dream it all up again?????????????
confused.gif

Can anyone let me know of a site that has any of the Point concerts in full? I have bits and pieces but I can't find a whole show. Thanks.

Originally posted by Angel:
hUH? Am I on crack? I thought the New Years Eve was their last show before ZooTv!?@# SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

When'd they say they had to go away and dream it all up again?????????????
confused.gif

well...they were doing some shows in holland prior the the ny show and bono totally lost his voice. as a result, they had to cancel the remaining dutch shows and come back and do them after the 'final' show on ny eve.

------------------

thx JonBonoJovi_boy. But what's with the yawn? Is this supposed to be common knowledge? lol, Be nice or you won't get that concert! :p

*I wish someone knew the answer to my question... which show did they say the famous speech????????????????
icon24.gif

The famous "dream it all up again" speech is from the previous show, 12/30/89. All four of the Point Depot shows were outstanding and deserve a listen - I'm uploading 12/31 to Sicy's site right now.

Originally posted by BB218:
The famous "dream it all up again" speech is from the previous show, 12/30/89. All four of the Point Depot shows were outstanding and deserve a listen - I'm uploading 12/31 to Sicy's site right now.

Thank-you soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Now I can sleep at night.
wink.gif

Originally posted by BB218:

YOU.
ROCK.

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Sicy's FTP

Hey! You're welcome!
Bono said it twice during that week - once on 12/27 and then again on 12/30. The "famous" one was from 12/30, which is an awesome boot too.

Sorry, no I only put up disc 1. My bandwidth is already out the sky
wink.gif
so both discs would've killed me. Sicy if you like I can upload the whole shebang to your FTP. (both discs)

Peace!

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Well duh. I went to upload but I guess BB218 beat me to it so there ya go.
Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I love the 12/31/89 Point Show! It's the only Lovetown or JT era bootleg I have so I have nothing to compare it too but it's so great.

While we're on the subject of bootlegs, I also think the Sarajevo bootleg is one of the best, as well as Phoenix 11/23 (WOW!) and Boston 4 ( for the set change up with B. Day near the end and Party Girl and She's a Mystery to Me).

oktobergirl

[This message has been edited by oktobergirl (edited 01-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by oktobergirl (edited 01-22-2002).]

Nah C, I just did the yawn cos I havent used it in a while...no significance to anything dear
smile.gif

------------------

If you think the New Years Eve show is Great then you obviously haven't heard the Boxing Day show!!
At u2.bloodredsky.com the dude has just uploaded the complete show in even higher quality recordings.
This is the best ever U2 soundboard I believe..better than ZooEuropa even.

God Part II and All Along The Watchtower were never meant to sound so damn good!!! hehe

The same site also has brilliant version of Running to Stand Still from Rotterdam 6 Jan 1990. This one has an extra verse at the end..totally awesome.

Get yourselves an ftp program to download from this site and you can get nearly all the Bootlegs that have been in circulation from year dot!!

Today he added the Famous Rattle n Hum Show from Denver. Night 2 19871108

Queenslander hey? Where you from?!

------------------

Might I add this site contains over 13000 live U2 mp3's which include over 420 complete shows!!

Has most Elevation dates (multiple rec. from same night as well), and nearly all of these are great quality Audience, with a few soundboard and ALD rec.

Some of these shows leave Boston Dvd for dead in terms of performance.

Back
Top Bottom