I miss the Pop era.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I don't mean the POPMART era, I mean the Pop era. There is just something so sincere and honest about those lyrics, the original SATS videos and the album as a whole. I connect with that album more now than I ever have. And I'm not at all wanting them to go back to that, but I still miss how great it really was.

The Pop videos are great.

And of course, Pop is a masterpiece. Some songs feel unfinished, but still, the album is a masterpiece.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I do not. But I miss Elevation already! I want the heart!

i liked the first staring at the sun video, with the lights flashing and stuff. i never seen a video like that before or since.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I love the POP era B-sides as well such as...

Holy Joe
North & South of River
2 Shots Of Happy
I'm Not Your Baby
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Please Live EP

Good stuff

I miss the POP era too, especially compared to ATYCLB. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the videos (LNoE is awful), but the album is a gem and the supporting tour was great too. So many good songs in there. I just recently rediscovered Velvet Dress this week. Never been a favorite of mine in the ranks of Discotheque or Gone, but what a neat little nugget with a chilling guitar part in the middle.

I miss POP too, I feel they were really on to something that just didn't click with the masses. Oh, well. And lyrically POP kicks ATYCLB's ass.

------------------
I miss the innocence I've known
Playin' KISS covers beautiful and stoned

I don't miss any era, because
I just don't

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom