I miss Napster..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Ok, I know it's wrong to download music for free and all, but I miss Napster......

All these other programs are just not quite the same....or are they?

Do any of them compare to the Napster of a year ago?

While I have been getting the music I need, I too miss Napster. It was by far the best program. Oh well...

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Tell me , who doesn't ??!!!!

i had made about 50 albums with this lovely thing
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by wolfwill23:
Download WinMX from winmx.com

Good stuff. Close to Napster. Way better than Kaaza, Gnutella and Bearshare.

did i told you , i made about 30 CD compilations from WinMX , good but i still want dirty old Napster for me , ROAR !

How can you miss something that isn't gone? All you need is Napigator (www.napigator.com) which uses Napster. The only thing different is that Napster's own servers are limited or dead. There are dozens of others with millions of MP3s.

Originally posted by Hitman:
Ok, I know it's wrong to download music for free and all...

thats a personal opinion not a fact...there are many people that feel it is "wrong" how the record companies produce CDs for pennys and still charge us the same overbloan prices they always have...

But yes, I miss Napster but thanks Mark for clueing me in on Napigator. I really liked the Napster user interface and soudns like I can still use it from what you are saying.

Morpheus is better than Napster...WAY better.

You can stop a dowload at any point, and then start back up whenever you want with no effect on the download.

You can get audio and video.

If the person you're downloading from goes offline, the system automatically searches for someone else with the file and coninues your download for you.

I have to agree that there are many things better about Morpheus (KaZaA and Grokster, to name a few -- these all use the same FastTrack software). I'm not sure about Morpheus, but KaZaA has a limit of 128 bit MP3s (and pop-up ads all over the place). Grokster does not have the 128 bit limit, and Morpheus doesn't pop up ads (although it does have ads within its UI).

BUT Napster still has the best UI (even though it is FAR from perfect). It is clean, more stable, and you can immediately see and sort by file size, song time (VERY important to make sure you are downloading the right or full version), etc. And it still gives you another alternative source when you're looking for that obscure MP3. Of course, it only is for MP3s while the others have everything.

Gnucleus is a very good Gnutella client (and less of a resource hog than BearShare, for example), and is another great MP3 (and other file) source.

Back
Top Bottom