I MISS DEATHBEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
Yes it's now November. What a lonely month
wink.gif

Deathbear needs to come back soon!

Share your favorite deathbear memories here or else!

PS. This is an ANGRY SMILEY thread only!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

I don't do smiles.

deathbear was a strange breed of bears. strange but good.

i never understood the fries, radiohead thing.

but he loved to mess with people's heads.

Here's a smile, just for the d-bear....
icon38.gif

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Delete this thread.

I'll delete you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

------------------

D'ya feel better if I make myself known to you kids? Maybe if I did a little fookin dance and drunk myself silly, that'd do it for ya. Don't know what's so cool and relevant bout yer "deathbear" friend, but then again for me it's about the rock n roll. Can we do that? Does that make em all happy? Like shit yer trousers happy, that kinda thing.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

Of course, I already miss deathbear terribly and he hasn't even been gone a week. This is only the beginning. But I am sure he is having a fabulous adventure in Europe and hasn't thought of us at all. I will try not to get sentimental here because I know deathbear wouldn't want that but I may not be able to stop myself.

Hmmm..... favorite deathbear memories, there are so many. When I was new here, I used to be kind of scared of deathbear. I thought he was a mean, angry sort of creature but later on I came to realize that there was a very clever boy hiding behind that fierce bear-like exterior.

One of my favorite bear memories is the time that I went into chat and deathbear was using a pseudonym so I didn't know it was him. On query, he convinvced me that he was a 38 year-old man from Alabama or some shit and proceeded to ask me an increasingly bizarre set of questions about myself until I decided that I was talking to a perverted freak and said I was going to leave the conversation. At that point he said, "WAIT!!! My cousin's name is Supreme Cutlas." and then I realized that it was just deathbear playing a trick on me the whole time. DOH! Blargy Deathbear!! Why you little *&@!!!

Yes, it's true, he seemed to take a particular delight in messing with my head. On MSN he used to copy and paste bits of my previous conversations in random order so it looked like I was saying things out of context. He would keep doing this even when I told him to stop.

Then there was the time last week when he surprised sicy and I by inviting us to a three person chat on MSN and said, "We're having a three-way!!!" He was very pleased with himself.

I miss the goodnight threads and I don't care what salome or anyone else thinks about that. I miss the generally bizarre threads and actually I miss the witty banter between deathbear and wanderer. They played off of each other very well and made me laugh many times.

So, if missing deathbear makes me lame than I guess I'm just a big laaaaame. Go ahead and cut me in half.

iceberg.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

May as well cut me in half as well then. I dont miss deathbear at all. Not to be mean when I say that, but quite frankly I dont. Thats been a whole what? week maybe? try again in another couple months.

Nope-don't miss him. 99% of my experience with him was bad (and that's putting it mildly).
What is the big deal anyway? He'll be back, plus he wrote his email adress so people could still contact him.

Sure, he knew how to be nice, though i could count the times he was that on the fingers on one my hands. And it felt really weird, because it was so rare.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-02-2001).]

Gao to those that do not understand.
mad.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Sicy-the-Moderator:

Do you think this would be a good time to go ahead and "ban" deathbear, since he won't be posting anyway? I only mean in a funny-ha ha way. Then if he comes back at Christmastime, you could unban him. Just a thought!

~U2Alabama

well, this thread is almost as lame as 60% of deathbear's threads

gao's included

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
well, this thread is almost as lame as 60% of deathbear's threads

gao's included

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

There's your angry smiley, Cookie.

gao
mad.gif

Blargh

Lemons
eek.gif

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Well, I happen to miss bear too. I only got to know him a little bit a short while ago and he is rather charming. He'd kill me for telling you all but he actually is. He made me feel good and he always had something interesting to say
mad.gif

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 11-02-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:
99% of my experience with him was bad

Just like with everyone else too, huh?

------------------

Originally posted by +Laura+:
Oh, I miss Teddy Bear too... here is becomnig a way too peaceful and civilizated place with out him and thats indeed something scary
eek.gif

For how long did he said that he's going to be away?

he hasn't been gone that long and already he's become cute and cuddly...

*passes the tissues to ABEL*
I miss him too..*snif snif
frown.gif

------------------
nellie

He'll be back before you know it, and then you'll eat your words.

wink.gif

nah I miss the bear of death too, but hey he's having a blast so no worries. He's taking my dream trip though, and for that he must pay
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Achtung_Bebe (edited 11-02-2001).]

Originally posted by Angel:
Well, I happen to miss bear too. I only got to know him a little bit a short while ago and he is rather charming. He'd kill me for telling you all but he actually is. He made me feel good and he always had something interesting to say

The only reason you are saying that is because he gave you a 19 in his crooked little ranking system.

I miss the time when those catchphrases he lifted from Radiohead actually seemed original...had something to do with who delivered them...

Don't be too upset hes gone, wish him well and hope hes having a great time, cos i do
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 11-02-2001).]

If you have nothing nice to say about deathbear please dont post here.

mad.gif

On behalf of my Teddy Bear, I will now cut all your kids in half.

------------------
Bears are people too. ?

Back
Top Bottom