I miss Bono's falsetto!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's still there. I don't think he used it as much during the Vertigo tour since his normal higher range was in better shape than it had been since ZooTV. However, it was still very evident... SYCMIOYO (especially at the end), WOWY (see http://youtube.com/watch?v=dBJp7w0SgWY for a good example), Discotheque (a few great examples from the 9/20 bootleg), etc.

While he didn't use it all that often, when he did, it sounded good.

I miss it too. I wish I'd been able to see a ZooTV show when he was at his vocal peak. It certainly doesn't suck now, though.

The Edge can take over the falsetto now (Wanderer, anyone?), I'll take his new-found higher range.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I miss Bono's mullet...

:lmao:

*read this and spits coffee all over keyboard, laughing*

Bono's singing on Can't Help Falling In Love With You :drool:

I wish he had it at times, during Pride and Mysterious Ways. It'd make the song more... perfect? Is the right word...

Dudette said:
Well I don't even know what a falsetto is!

Lemon is probably the best example of that, the first two verses or so, the high pitched singing.

Me too :sad:

It was amazing to watch Bono sing can't help falling in love 10 feet away from me in that beautiful voice :drool:

I think Lemon would have been a more popular song without the falsetto. I think the falsetto being used constantly was so strange that people were turned off by it. It's much better when used in one spot like in Dirty Day.

phillyfan26 said:
I think Lemon would have been a more popular song without the falsetto. I think the falsetto being used constantly was so strange that people were turned off by it. It's much better when used in one spot like in Dirty Day.

Interesting. I've personally been very on the fense with Lemon, but I probably wouldn't have liked it at all without the falsetto. My friends who are casual fans love this song and it did pretty well where I was living back then.

Back
Top Bottom