I make this prediction now (and I know I'm right!) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2002, 11:43 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 10:08 PM
I make this prediction now (and I know I'm right!)

The Best Of #3 (which they have to do to fulfill their obligation to their contract) will be a best of Live.

ha!

Old 10-06-2002, 12:22 AM   #2
She's the One

Local Time: 03:08 PM
That would be so great that I think I would have to be hospitalized.

Old 10-06-2002, 08:19 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Normal

Yeah! Waited for that news for ages!
Old 10-06-2002, 11:39 AM   #4
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:08 PM
That would be
Old 10-06-2002, 01:24 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There's no way it would be a live album. The Edge himself said that their live DVDs and VHS tapes are now their live albums since they let you both see AND hear the band. Meanwhile, they've already got the double hit duo of "Elevation" and "Walk On". Not to mention that "Kite" may end up in there as well. Add in two new songs, and they've already got five for the next Best Of without even having released any albums after ATYCLB. Not to mention, the new album will have at least three singles, so they'd be more than half way there once the new record comes out.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:23 PM   #6
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't think it will be a live album, and not to be the pessimist but I don't think they have a long enough career ahead of them to do another best of. Both previous were spanning over a decade, I just don't seem them putting out any albums 8 years from now. But I could be wrong, and I'd love to see them prove me wrong. But I've often thought that the 3rd installment could easily be compilations, soundtracks/ rarity type album. Songs such as Jesus Christ, Night and Day, I'm Not Your Baby, their Ramones tribute, etc. Plus maybe some unreleased. I don't know just an idea.
Old 10-07-2002, 04:25 PM   #7
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

I think some of you are perhaps missing the idea of what popkid said. No, they're not gonna wait another decade to release a best of of material for 2000-2010. I think what popkid meant (and correct me if I'm wrong, popkid) is that the next best of could be a best of filled with the best live tracks spanning their career to this point. Personally I think that's pretty feasible and would make an awesome best of.

As for bigmacphisto's remark that they've got the videos to do that, the point of a best of is to be a compilation of all sorts of goodies from different albums/eras onto one convenient disc. That's like saying they shouldn't release any new best of because we can all get the tracks from the studio albums anyway.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:41 AM   #8
War Child

Local Time: 11:08 AM
A best of cd/dvd spanning their greatest live performances of their entire career? That is too cool an idea to suggest unless its a certainty! I want a copy!!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:38 AM   #9
Babyface

A Live Best Of would be undeniably amazing. I would hope that they would put the live stuff that they did with Bob Dylan on it...That completely blew me away the first time that I heard it.

*Red
Old 10-10-2002, 04:01 PM   #10
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:08 PM
I saw an interview with Adam a couple of years back where he discussed the contract and said there would be two 'best ofs' and a box set of unreleased material.

And they have said several times that the live concerts now count as "live albums." Besides, there are so many bootlegs out there, and you can just burn a copy of Elevation or the others when they come out on DVD and U2 and the record company know this.

Hitman
Old 10-10-2002, 04:38 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Aren't live shows as a whole more memorable then just a few songs pulled from seperate shows?

It would be kind of cool if they released one live album from each tour they've ever done and put them all out in a big box set.