I love Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2STEVE70

Babyface
I'm listen to Zoo station at work with the head phones, it is great every time I listen to it. This is the REAL sound of four men chopping down the joshua tree, more so than THE FLY.

I agree, the intro for this song is great, and then the bass and drums come and I go :drool:

Gotta love the singing and lyrics too. This song makes me want to stomp and prance around...it's good that I don't.

that song always brings me back to when i first heared
achtung baby...it was shocking, but so great!
i bought a vinyl copy, and couldnt wait to get home with it..

and the intro...:drool:

U2STEVE70 said:
the REAL sound of four men chopping down the joshua tree
I soooo forgot that Bono used to say that! Yes, bringing back Zoo Station for this tour was a delicious treat. I also had the pleasure of seeing them perform it in Europe when they did it full on Zoo TV style -- Bono on the big screens, kicking, crowd goes MAD aaggghhhhh!!
:rockon:

I love that song too... #47 in a ranking I made a few days ago :p

Although a friend of mine that is an U2 fan but non-diehard, hates Zoo Station; says it is a "gay" song :huh:, at least the album version. He likes the live performances :huh:

the greatest part of a U2 concert is hearing Zoo Station in my opinion. I never thought I'd ever hear it live so i was pissing myself when they brought it back on the vertigo tour! swallowed my pride and had to sing along!

Yeah I don't really know about the whole important thing. But I LOVE Zoo Station. Everytime I make a CD for someone who wants to get into U2 or wants some tracks they may not already have (but who doesnt have AB :huh: ) Zoo Station is always the first track. As much as I think STREETS is the best opening to a CD ever, I still think it serves better as a huge climax and closer than Zoo Station, which belongs in the front of anything :drool:

Seeing it live is even better! ZooTV's version is always gonna be the best but I was at Vegas 2, and I jumped out of my shoes I was so excited when it finally came back after they had started doing the acoustic sets nightly. Such a great image of Edge in the cloudy fog, only his shilouette visible as he sways with the guitar. Then Bono from the other side of the ellipse, doing his goosestep thingie, and pretending he's under some puppet master's control. BRILLIANT! :hyper:

gareth brown said:
important?? :huh:

Yes important, the moment you first listen Zoo Station, it's clear that this is a radically different U2. This song is the beginning of a new era for U2.

I'm really not so crazy about Zoo station. I think its over-rated by most people here. It just isnt that good.

Amazing song. :up: One of my favourites. Also, my top played track. :drool:

zoo2.gif

xaviMF22 said:

Yes important, the moment you first listen Zoo Station, it's clear that this is a radically different U2. This song is the beginning of a new era for U2.

holla. what an amazing opening statement for an album (or more accurately, an entire decade of new musical direction) especially coming off of the dead-seriousness & over-earnestness of the joshua tree & rattle hum. i can only imagine what it was like for fans at the time to put that album on and just have all of their expectations & conceptions of the band blown away.

Back
Top Bottom