I love u2, but....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tour really got me into Boy again. I don't think October is that bad, but I could probably live without it. I barely even know some of the songs on October :reject:

I like both a lot, always have. Then again, I experienced them not long after they were released.

I am glad this tour has caused some fans to go back and listen to Boy again, it's a fantastic debut album and deals with themes most new bands today would not touch with a 10-foot pole. And October, while far from perfect, was a pretty decent sophomore effort and if you like The Edge, I think you ought to like that album.

And, if you were at any of the shows so far, or listen to the MP3's, I think you might agree that The Electric Co. or an Cat Dubh/Into the Heart has held up quite nicely. So has Gloria. Listening to the Edge play away during the Electric Co. is definitely a tour highlight for me.

I dunno, considering they were 17-22 year olds when those albums were released, I'd say they're pretty good. They're just barely out of high school, having maybe one or two odd jobs, only 2 of them had formal music training--Edge and Larry, and Bono and Adam taught themselves...I'd say they're good considering those circumstances.

Boy and October are both in my top 5 U2 albums. :reject:

1. War (I know *gasp*)
2. Joshua Tree
3. Achtung Baby
4. October
5. Boy/ How to (ironic, this was my ranking months before the tour

Last edited:
digsy said:

i believe the words "that's just my opinion" take away any doubt as to whether it was fact or not.

and what exactly is your opinion then on how opinions should be stated?
careful now... when you answer that make sure it doesnt sound like you're stating a fact.

hey i just ask to someone to explain me, you have tried and i thank you, but not a good explaination i think so i am still waiting guys and girls;)

painatal said:

hey i just ask to someone to explain me, you have tried and i thank you, but not a good explaination i think so i am still waiting guys and girls;)

At least three people already explained it, and if none of those are good enough I think you'll be waiting a long time before you get one which will suit you. :shrug: Anyone else wanna give it a try?

neutral said:

This is a discussion forum and posting opinions is a lot of what goes on here. Every member has the right to do that. And I believe he clearly stated that he is stating an opinion and not a fact.

Hopefully that clears it all up for you.

:hmm: :up:

painatal said:

i think its just because each persons opinion IS fact to them.
to me it's a fact of life that U2 totally kick ass and are the best band in the world, hoever many people (not on here obviously) will massively disagree with me.

Personally i think everyone should take for granted that whatever people state on here is their opinion without having to put the words "in my opinion" or IMHO in front of everything. that just gets boring and repetative.

my first answer was probably a bit too sarcastic :reject:
Is that a better explanation???

I have to agree with the "Boy" lovers, it's such an amazing album. What makes it even more amazing, Bono was only 18/19 writing these songs!

Boy in particular is a fantastic album considering that it was produced with little studio trickery and by a band at the begining of their journey. October is a little inconsistent by comparison but still a solid follow up. Give me these albums anyday to zooropa and pop.

whoa, seems like I'm really in the minority here. i just don't get it, as much as i love U2, I just can't take either of those albums. I was actually really disappointed when I saw that they've been playing the Electric Co. and Gloria on this tour, which I know you guys won't like. An Cat Dubh sounds allright, but i think there could have been much better choices. what is An Cat Dubh about anyway? What's with that title?

bigloader, how old are you?
You sound like you're no more than 12 years old.
Didn't know they hire 12-year old techs at a U2 show...

An Cat Dubh is Irish for "the Black Cat". The song is effectively about a time when Bono cheated on his then girlfriend.

bigloader said:
whoa, seems like I'm really in the minority here.

To be honest, I was surprised at the number of people who more or less agreed with you. I like both albums but I wouldn't consider them among U2's best.

djerdap said:
bigloader, how old are you?
You sound like you're no more than 12 years old.
Didn't know they hire 12-year old techs at a U2 show...

good one. really witty. probably made yourself laugh.

Actually, I wasn't kidding.
Calling Boy and October crap and then being surprised that no one agrees with you sounds really childish to me.

djerdap said:
Actually, I wasn't kidding.
Calling Boy and October crap and then being surprised that no one agrees with you sounds really childish to me.

good one.

Leave bigloader alone!

He is entitled to his opinion even if we dont agree. I think that peope love this band so much...sometimes you cant help but get pissed off if someone says something that you dont agree with.
I've done it myself so many times! Then you remember...its someone you dont know, coming online to discuss a band we all love, with a different view point!

I think we could all do with being a bit more adult about that.

Then again.... that would be boring!:wink:

So... anyone who hates October is just an **@!?

Back
Top Bottom