I love this quote from Larry - End of Zoo TV era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

right, and it seems like during the ZooTV tour they made an effort to charge less than what people were willing to pay. and that can have both good and bad consequences.

Once again some of you aren't putting this in context.

In 92 I saw U2 and paid $30

The other big tour at the time was a double billing with GnR and Metallica, my ticket was only 22.50.

3 years later...

In 95 I saw REM at their height when it comes to touring. It was REM, Radiohead, and Natalie merchant, I paid $25.00.

So yes, U2 was still pricey for the time. They were one of the highest ticets at the time.

MrBrau1 said:
People going to 30 U2 shows on 1 tour are morons w/ a trust fund.

This post is off topic, but what the hell.

This is exactly what pisses me off. There are people going to 13, 14 shows a tour (with great seats!), while some people can't even get a chance at nosebleed seats. :( You'd think some people who so gladly support ONE would at least give other fans a chance...

KiteKate said:

This is exactly what pisses me off. There are people going to 13, 14 shows a tour (with great seats!), while some people can't even get a chance at nosebleed seats. :( You'd think some people who so gladly support ONE would at least give other fans a chance...

I disagree. And comparing the sale of U2 tickets to well-to-do Americans with the ONE campaign and what it stands for is just ridiculous.

KiteKate said:

I'm not really trying to be offensive by saying this but...you can't blame people for being fortunate enough to have gotten as many tickets as they wanted. A person should be entitled to see their band as many times as they want. Nobody's wrong because they happened to either be lucky at getting their tickets, or were willing to pay a crazy amount of money for them. Would you give up your tickets to let someone else have a chance at them?

Back
Top Bottom