I love the part on the DVD when Edge beats the shit out of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
...his guitar. He goes nuts on it which is totally out of character for him. What cracks me up every time is the wide shot of Bono and Adam just kind of watching in disbelief as Edge pummels the guitar.

What do you think the conversation was during the break before the encore on that night?

I thought it was shocking too. It makes me cringe to see a nice and probably expensive guitar get beaten down like that but the Edge is a "rock star" so what do you expect...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

What I find even more interesting is that that part is edited IN to the DVD. It didn't happen on the night that the bulk of the DVD was recorded. And I think it is a first for Edge...very out of character for him.

I'm surprised at Edge for trashing his guitar as it's totally out of character for him to do something like that. I seem to recall Edge saying in an interview (could have even been from an on-line discussion) that he trashed his guitar because the band "murdered the song". If that's true, what I therefore find puzzling is the fact that the band included that particular live track (Gone) on the Australian CD single for 'Walk On'. Why would they put a song on a CD if they weren't happy with it? Anyone have any theories coz I haven't got a clue!!

Back
Top Bottom