I love "Take Today".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScooterXX7

The Fly
Its kind of a shame it never ended up on Achtung, but it didn't really fit the mood of the album anyways. I've never heard "North and South of the River", which is what I hear the main riff eventually became.

I hope all those Salome outtakes get the JT treatment in the inevitable Achtung boxset.

Somehow I doubt "proper" versions of Axtung Beibi/Salome Outtakes (maybe a few might make it) will ever see the light of day. After all, did we see the 8 leaked Joshua Tree songs?

If anything, later in their career or post-career they might release a ultra-rarities set which may include unfinished demos, studio takes, etc. But I wouldn't count on it; I was surprised to see the extra four songs on the Joshua Tree box set.

As much as we would all love to see it, I'm sure they're is material in their vaults they don't want out there.

Personally, I never really liked Take Today. I think the standout tracks on Axtung Beibi are I Feel Free and Take You Down.

Every few months I stumble into this forum and I see the name of an old U2 song/outtake/demo/whatever that I have never, ever remotely heard of.

COBL_04 said:
Every few months I stumble into this forum and I see the name of an old U2 song/outtake/demo/whatever that I have never, ever remotely heard of.
Most of the tracks are labelled different by everybody. "Take Today" is called "If You Want To Take Tomorrow" here.

ScooterXX7 said:
I've never heard "North and South of the River", which is what I hear the main riff eventually became.

Well, that song is hardly essential. Only their best b-side.

Take Today is a cracker.....North and South of the River was a disappointment.....

JItterbug Baby has an amazing groove to it.....

COBL_04 said:

Me,too. Then I get this urgent feeling that I want to hear them.
How does one find outtakes/demos, unless one of you kind souls send them to us (as usual)?
When I visit the music on the internet thread and find cool stuff, people are very kind enought to send them.

NotBono said:
did we see the 8 leaked Joshua Tree songs?

We actually have 4 of the 7. "Race Against Time," "Walk to the Water," "Still Haven't Found," and "Rise Up" all were represented in those early demos, under different names.

Back
Top Bottom