I love Mercy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I haven't had a song move me this way in a long time. Probably since Walk On. I just can't begin to list the reasons I love this song. Damn fools to not place it on their album. This song makes me want to form a band so I can play it. This song makes me want to pick up all the pieces of my life that have fallen along the way and put them back together. This song makes me want to LIVE OUT LOUD!

Martha: there are links on the last page (33) of the LONG "Mercy" thread near the top of this page.

You, the Queen of the B-sides, NEED to hear this. It is the best B-side, and one of the best U2 songs, EVER!!!

yes. this song is unbelievable! one of my favorite ever!

the great thing about Mercy and Fast Cars is that they seem to make this whole album experience even better.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
OK, since these are the only new songs I've heard (besides Vertigo) will I be let down by the actual album?

No, absolutely not.

You will LOVE the album if you haven't heard it yet. There are some really powerful songs on this album. It will do anything but dissapoint. MErcy is a b-side, meaning; it wasn't good enought to make the album.

martha said:
But what single is it a B-side for?

It's not a B-side....yet. In Blender magazine it is stated that Fast Cars and Mercy were cut from the album to shorten it a bit. Bono then goes on to claim that Mercy will be the best B-side ever (or something like that). I've heard it and it's great. Very Unforgettable Fire to me.

boosterjuice said:

No, absolutely not.

You will LOVE the album if you haven't heard it yet. There are some really powerful songs on this album. It will do anything but dissapoint. MErcy is a b-side, meaning; it wasn't good enought to make the album.

I know what a b-side is, and I agree with mikal, it was definitely worthy of being included on this album (that I have 5 days left to hear). :wink:

I think this song goes above and beyond the others from HTDAAB.
....but maybe those songs will be growers. *hoping*
I am also quite enomored with Are you gonna wait forever.

How come everytime I try to burn Mercy to CD I get static sounds and distortion throughout the song? Anyone else having this problem? I've downloaded the track from lots of different yousendit links and every time the mp3 doesn't convert to CD - I want to blast this in my car!!!! Help me!!!!!

i love the lyrics. this is probably fairly close to the correct lyrics. i tried looking at bono's notes on the song, but i think he changed a few words here and there.

'Mercy'
I was drinking some wine... and it turned to blood
What's the use of religion... if you're any good
I know I'm weedkiller honey... and you're sugar
If you're the prosecution... I’d get away with murder
If you were ice... I'm water
And with your telescope... I can see further
We're binary code... a one and a zero
You wanted violins... and you got nero
You're gravity... searching for the ground
You're silence... searching for a sound
Your heart is aching... your heart is my home
It's fascinating... I know I'll never be alone

I'm rippin' the stitches
without two cents to rub
when I'm digging the ditches
Of someone else's lluck

Love hears when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again

If you hunger... baby let me feed it
If your heart is full... baby let me bleed it
And happiness is for... those who don't really need it
You love me... too much
You always love me... too much

When I was rippin' the stitches
without two cents to rub
I'm digging the ditches
Of someone else's luck

Love hears when I lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love is come again
I am gone again

Love's got to be with the weak
Only then love gets a chance to speak
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again

I... I can't escape myself
I hear you talk
Feeling nothing
I fear nothing
Fear....

I can hear so much
Fear nothing
I can hear so much
Fear... nothing
Love is come again
I am gone again
Love is the end of history
The enemy of misery
Love is come again
I am gone again

Love is justice, not charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love is come again
I'm alive again
Alive...

I am alive, baby I'm born again and again
And again, and again and again and again
Again

martha said:

This link downloaded 11.9 mb worth of stuff that wouldn't play. :(

hmm... not sure what the problem is there. i've uploaded the smaller version, hopefully it will work for you.

bostonmike, it's a noisy recording with lots of background hiss. it's not ripped from an official release, so it's not perfect quality.

6 meg version of mercy:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=BDFBCB3BC43ED0EDCEF316AE746CB125

Thanks for the help - the 12MB version plays perfectly clear on my computer as an MP3, I only have problems when I try to burn it to CD. Must be a glitch in my CD-burning software or something. I'll give the smaller file a shot and see if that works. Thanks again.

Mercy is one hell of a song. Much like "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" from ATYCLB, it is one of my top three for the album, if not my favorite.

So this song will probably be a future b-side?

Hmmm....maybe I'll just wait for it on a future single.

i can almost guarantee that this will be a b-side. i would actually go as far as saying this is the best b-side since LWASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom