I listened to two songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I downloaded the acoustic versions of Crums and Sometimes you can't make it on your own from the DVD (which I wasn't going to buy anyway - for that reason, I may also download Fast cars yet). Plus I only listened once and deleted the mp3 later. (twice in the case of Sometimes)

Erm...is that cheating or not? :D

Crumbs sounds like an outtake, the only thing that sticks out is the chorus. Sounds quite heavy, even in a stripped down sound like this. Wonder what the album version will be like. (do I hear an Edge solo in this song?)

Sometimes though...this could be another classic. Very direct lyrics, you can tell how much Bono misses his father. Second listen through, I got teary eyed.
"and its you when I pick up the phone, and its you when I look in the mirror" choruses are haunting, as is the "I don't need you to tell me you'd like me a lot more if we weren't so alike", "can you hear me sing, you're the reason the opera is in me" and "a house still doesn't make a home, don't leave me here all alone" and "listen to me now". Can't WAIT to hear this on the album.

*edit* Bono sounds good! More clarity and less scratchyness than the last album.

Last edited:
you'll love "crumbs" when you hear the album version. the edge kicks this song's ass.

"sometimes" is even more beautiful on the album once again because of the edge.

do you sense a theme in my post?:wink:

U2girl said:
I downloaded the acoustic versions of Crums and Sometimes you can't make it on your own from the DVD (which I wasn't going to buy anyway - for that reason, I may also download Fast cars yet). Plus I only listened once and deleted the mp3 later. (twice in the case of Sometimes)

Erm...is that cheating or not? :D

Crumbs sounds like an outtake, the only thing that sticks out is the chorus. Sounds quite heavy, even in a stripped down sound like this. Wonder what the album version will be like. (do I hear an Edge solo in this song?)

Sometimes though...this could be another classic. Very direct lyrics, you can tell how much Bono misses his father. Second listen through, I got teary eyed.
"and its you when I pick up the phone, and its you when I look in the mirror" choruses are haunting, as is the "I don't need you to tell me you'd like me a lot more if we weren't so alike", "can you hear me sing, you're the reason the opera is in me" and "a house still doesn't make a home, don't leave me here all alone" and "listen to me now". Can't WAIT to hear this on the album.

*edit* Bono sounds good! More clarity and less scratchyness than the last album.

..When you listen to the album version you will cry for two days..so emotional..masterpiece!!

Just heard Fast cars, too. U2 goes Spain/Africa - a fun little song, but probably less strong than the album material. (I deleted it after first hearing)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom