"I like the Sound of my own voice...."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He even thinks I have a mouth full of teeth(which is true) and that I eat all my friends (which is not true).

"with a mouth full of teeth you ate all your friends"...lol that lyric makes me laugh :lol:

Dalton said:

Hey, where does this come from?

William Wordsworth's poem Resolution And Independence (probably my favourite poem). Bono quoted it at the start of Streets on 26 December 1989 as part of a tribute to Samuel Beckett, who had recently died.

discothequeLP said:
i love when they sing "some people get SQUASHED." i used to think it was stupid but now i think it's just great!

I agree!
"Some people get squashed crossing the tracks"

If you combine it with :
"Lay your sweet lovely on the ground
Lay your love on the track"

You get to the conclusion:
"I guess that's the price of love
I know it's not cheap.."

I just love and respect Bono's honesty with and about himself. :wink:

It's one of the main reasons why we feel so close to him - he accepts himself and us for what we are, and not for our preconceived ideas of who we think we should be.

One of Bono's most beautiful (however raw) lyrics. :hug:

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Victor, IMHO, an intellectual tortoise is someone who is intellectually slow like a tortoise (turtle).

Unless I am missing something.....

I also take it to imply that he can be thick-headed (the tortoise shell) at times.

I thought that the tortoise reference was more akin to the "tortoise and the hare", where, as the story goes, the (smarter) tortoise beat out the hare in a race.

Back
Top Bottom