I just qualified for trip to NYC for listening party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
I just won a copy of HTDAAB and got in a drawing for a trip to NYC Sunday for the listening prty with the band on WFNX radio (101.7) in Boston.
Had to answer their "tough" U2 trivia question: What was the first arena U2 sold out and what year?
I'll find out Thurs AM if I'm picked for the trip.

I was gonna say...
If you need someone to go with you, I'm cuter than Headache...:flirt: :flirt: :flirt:

wolfeden said:
Me too! this morning!

my question:
"what were the songs on the 1979 album U2-3"

heehehehehehehehehe!!!!
Oh I heard you, you won the next hour after me at 9:15 or so.
I'm assuming we have either a 1 in 12 or 1 in 16 shot....the trip is awarded Thurs, 4 winners per morning, just don't know if they qualify people on Thurs also. Any way odds are not bad.

youtwohearts said:

I wouldn't have known that one either :reject: and I've been a fan forever.

Ummm Out of control, stories for boys...Boy/girl?

Congrats and report to us as soon as you can!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
sweet, I just won passes to a listening party on the 18th. :D

Yay for you!
I hear they're going to have the U2 cover band Desire there. That should be a lot of fun.

As an aside: I wish a U2 cover band would come up to Athens sometime. I'd be right up in front making a total fool of myself.

Awesome VelvetDress! yay radio station happy winning mojo! :D

There is a listening party up here on the 20th I'm trying to get to as well... w00t! I think Joshua Tree is playing this one.. gad the last tribute band I saw was Zoo Station..

*grins* yea.. U2-3: Boy/Girl, Out of Control, Stories for Boys.

I would've borked the Centrum one tho, my brain would've jammed and "Boston GAAAAAAHDEN" would have come out :der: even tho I know better... so mad grats to ya Hewson :D

Congrats Hewson & wolfeden. :)

I've been listening to BOS. I didn't know how they were going to do the contest, so I heard a U2 song this morning and called. After the DJ answered, it was obvious I didn't win anything - so I asked what I was supposed to be listening for. She told me just an announcement and I thanked her. I got off the phone and heard our conversation on the radio a few minutes later. Doh!

Haven't have luck getting in when it's time though. :(

I also think this contest is a ploy to stop those of us that downloaded the album to stop playing it! You have to listen to the radio instead so you can win! :D

Back
Top Bottom