I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Musically Lovetown kicks ZooTVs scrawny little ass....overall ZooTV jumps up and down on Lovetown's head and makes it beg for mercy before chucking it off a cliff....

You have mp3s of ZooTV? I didnt know the band released them or are they bootleg?

Someone on here kindly posted some recordings a while back.

But previously, I had a cassette recording recorded from Irish radio.

I have my VHS which sucks because it is old and the quality is poor and no one has vhs any more :(

I would kill for those mp3s...

Tarvark said:
I would kill for those mp3s...

That would require a level of technical expertise which I don't possess......I know how to download but not upload them. If I figure it out in the next few days/weeks will post a link.

Are we talking about MP3s of the officially released ZooTV Sydney show? If so, I have them and would be willing to upload them in a zip file.

Is this sort of thing frowned upon? I dont want to break the rules?

I just have the video and it is pretty much usless to me as I can see the entire show in my mind at this point.

Whats the norm with sharing here?

Tarvark said:
Is this sort of thing frowned upon? I dont want to break the rules?

I just have the video and it is pretty much usless to me as I can see the entire show in my mind at this point.

Whats the norm with sharing here?

No, as far as I know we are allowed post MP3's from live concerts here (and Bono has specifically said on numerous occasions he does not mind fans sharing live performances).

Edit: Hmmmm, on second thoughts, reading the guidelines the position appears a bit murky in the case of commercial releases. And ZooTV Sydney would count as a commercial release.

Last edited:
financeguy said:
.....and, yeah, ZooTV is still better.

Just so you know. :up:

Only in the bizarre alternate dimension where Lovetown was called ZooTV. :wink:

Re: Re: I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

Axver said:

Shit I was hoping you wouldn't notice this thread. :reject: :wink:

Nothing escapes the watchful eye of Axver. :wink:

Re: Re: I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

Axver said:

Actually I just remembered I have a question for you.

There were four Lovetown 'New Years' concerts in Dublin, correct?

Which is the best in your opinion?

AND a follow up question, which was the best of the Oz/NZ Lovetown concerts?

Answer the questions in any way you find appealing, or not at all if you prefer....

Last edited:
Well I'm not Andre but I will answer. This is my opinion.

Its very hard to say which of the Oz/NZ Lovetown shows was the best due to the quality of the recordings. After listening to a couple of Darren Glen remasters of 2 Melbourne shows, I would say that the bootleg of a Melbourne show titled "Bad At It's Best" Is the best sounding 1st leg Lovetown show. The Sydney show where there was a bomb threat is also very cool.

Re: Re: Re: I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

financeguy said:

Answer the questions in any way you find appealing, or not at all if you prefer....

Not Axver but I prefer the shows on 12/26 and 12/27 in Dublin. The 26th wins by a slim margin. IMO any of the Rotterdam shows are superior to the Dublin shows.

The 10/7 and10/13 Melbourne shows are good.

love town was great but on zootv they were ontop of their game!!

i have a zootv boot and bono sounds so good on it that he would make freddy mercury jealous!!
its just mind blowing how crisp and clear his voice was during zootv and its all live baby!!:drool:

u2granny said:
For every one ZooTV boot I have where he sounds great I have another five or six where he doesn't.

I only have one, from Dublin, which I think was one of the better ones.

Re: Re: Re: I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

financeguy said:

Yep, there were four Dublin shows; there was meant to be a fifth on the 29th but they cancelled it at an early stage so that the band could avoid playing three nights in a row (even though that was standard practice in Australia). My favourite is easily the 26th - opening with God Part II was awesome, I think it contains the best Streets ever, and ... well, we've all heard what I think about One Tree Hill at this show! I rank the 30th second, with the first ever She's A Mystery To Me (and the best, I think), the first 11 O'clock Tick Tock of the Lovetown Tour, and an amazing With Or Without You. I love the other two shows too and my mood tends to determine which I rank 3rd - today, I'd put the 27th 3rd and the 31st 4th.

Best of the Lovetown concerts down here ... I won't be biased and say Wellington! Probably my favourite would be 18 November 1989, Sydney, the bomb threat show, opening with an incredible Hawkmoon 269 and featuring my favourite Knockin' On Heaven's Door ever. It is also the last show to NOT feature Streets.

Although I haven't heard the whole show, I have a DVD of some of 27 September 1989, Sydney, and that is electrifying! Easily the best Desire --> All Along The Watchtower I have ever heard.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

Axver said:
Yep, there were four Dublin shows; there was meant to be a fifth on the 29th but they cancelled it at an early stage so that the band could avoid playing three nights in a row (even though that was standard practice in Australia). My favourite is easily the 26th - opening with God Part II was awesome, I think it contains the best Streets ever, and ... well, we've all heard what I think about One Tree Hill at this show! I rank the 30th second, with the first ever She's A Mystery To Me (and the best, I think), the first 11 O'clock Tick Tock of the Lovetown Tour, and an amazing With Or Without You. I love the other two shows too and my mood tends to determine which I rank 3rd - today, I'd put the 27th 3rd and the 31st 4th.

Best of the Lovetown concerts down here ... I won't be biased and say Wellington! Probably my favourite would be 18 November 1989, Sydney, the bomb threat show, opening with an incredible Hawkmoon 269 and featuring my favourite Knockin' On Heaven's Door ever. It is also the last show to NOT feature Streets.

Although I haven't heard the whole show, I have a DVD of some of 27 September 1989, Sydney, and that is electrifying! Easily the best Desire --> All Along The Watchtower I have ever heard.

Ok many thanks for that. Hmmm, I must admit I only have the 31.12 Dublin performance and you rank it fourth. Though even on 31.12 One Tree Hill is excellent. However perhaps my rating of ZooTV > Lovetown is not based on a fair assessment. Need to listen to a few more Lovetown concerts. Must get my hands on 26.12 Dublin & 18.11 Sydney.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back...

financeguy said:

Ok many thanks for that. Hmmm, I must admit I only have the 31.12 Dublin performance and you rank it fourth. Though even on 31.12 One Tree Hill is excellent. However perhaps my rating of ZooTV > Lovetown is not based on a fair assessment. Need to listen to a few more Lovetown concerts. Must get my hands on 26.12 Dublin & 18.11 Sydney.

The New Year's Eve show is a great show, don't get me wrong there; I just think the others were better, especially the 26th. They'd had to cancel shows in Amsterdam due to Bono's voice and so they'd had a week off, and I think he was itching to get back out there. And as far as the 18 November show goes, there's a great audience recording of the whole show out there (I torrented it on Dime once before U2 were banned), and there's an incomplete proshot DVD of some of it too. The Melbourne remasters that Kennerado mentioned are also highly recommended listening.

Back
Top Bottom