I just listened to Lovetown and ZooTV live back to back... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:11 AM
All you need to know about Lovetown is January 10, 1990 at the Ahoy in Rotterdam. Best damn show I've ever heard on bootleg. It was the last Lovetown show and it is among the best U2 ever did...period.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:21 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
All you need to know about Lovetown is January 10, 1990 at the Ahoy in Rotterdam. Best damn show I've ever heard on bootleg. It was the last Lovetown show and it is among the best U2 ever did...period.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:45 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:11 AM
For me, the best of the four Dublin Lovetown shows is 12-30. The performances are great and the show holds historical significance, for it was during the intro to this show's performance of 'Love Rescue Me' that Bono delivered the new legendary 'going away' speech...

'We've had a lot of fun over the past few months, just getting to know the kind of music that we didn't know so much about, still don't know very much about, but it was fun...Thanks for coming along, it wouldn't have been the same without you...some people have traveled a long long way to come here tonight...this uh, I was explaining to people the other night but I might of got it a bit wrong...This is just the end of something for...for U2...and uh, that's why we're playing these concerts, and uh, we're throwing a party for ourselves and you and it's, it's no big deal, it's just we have have to go away and......just dream it all up again, so...'

Great moment...and all those people in the crowd had no clue what that little speech was a prelude to...
Old 08-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

All four Dublin shows are fantastic. I agree with Axver that the version of One Tree Hill from 12/26 is probably one of the high water marks of that stand. It sounds incredible. However, I don't really care too much for the God Part II opener. I guess I would have liked it better if it hadn't been screwed up at the beginning.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #35
War Child

the 26th is the best dublin show...and probably the best show ever...god pt. II, all i want is you, streets, one tree hill, wowy, rtss, and ishfwilf are all performed unbelievably...also, Lovetown walks all over ZooTV (although I think ZooTV is their second best tour)
Old 08-22-2005, 07:06 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:11 PM
Shred Desire

All Along The Watchtower

BB King
Old 08-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #37
War Child

Local Time: 05:11 AM
All I can do is judge from my bootlegs, and I personally like the lovetown tour more. No zoo confessions, phone call to the u.n, more songs from joshua tree=a better concert
Old 08-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #38
War Child

ZooTV might have been better to go to/actually see or watch on video, but Lovetown bootlegs are supreme. It's just tiresome to have to fast forward through MacPhisto's speeches/calls and all the stuff at the beginning before Zoo Station, when all I really want to hear is the songs!

Although Lemon from ZooTV Sydney....