I just heard the greatest band ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monke

The Fly
So i just heard the greatest band ever, its a four man band, i think there called u2, the song was i will follow, or something like that, think theyll make it big?

(for the closed mineded, if u2 were as of right now the age they where when BOY, and released it, would they have the same succes, same albums, same order, would they get a chance to reach HTDAAB)

Last edited:
If they released Boy now, I think it would fit quite well with a lot of the punk/rock that's being played on the radio.
However, if October were released a year from now, it would be a catastrophe, deemed as too Christian, etc.
I happen to thouroughly enjoy October, but it just wouldn't work today.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Is there something wrong with your keyboard or are you just a lazy speller?! Cause it's fucking annoying reading posts like that

Shit nigga, be e^z brova'.. init

monke said:
So i just heard the greatest band ever, its a four man band, i think there called u2, the song was i will follow, or something like that, think theyll make it big?

definitely not,

one hit wonders.

jonnytakeawalk said:
Is there something wrong with your keyboard or are you just a lazy speller?! Cause it's fucking annoying reading posts like that

do all people with english as a second language irritate you or are you just incredibly rude? cause it's fucking annoying reading posts like that

Why did the dyslexic cross the road?

to get to the mother hide.

And why is dyslexia such a hard word to spell?

(not really in keeping with this thread as such, but what the heck, it's funny)

I think they'll be successful....they have a cute drummer and hot lead singer.....:D

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Glad to see we all stayed on topic.

Sorry.

U2 today would really, really struggle because Bono would have to sell his soul to the media and the young angry Bono would never do that.

I think the world is very different from the one they grew up in and record companies would want instant success whereas, originally, U2 took maybe 5-6 years to become household names - too long for any record company to give their backing to.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Glad to see we all stayed on topic.

Sometimes you get distracted by some very stupid expressions and you can easily go off the topic....................
:shrug:

Anyway, I think a today release of boy wouldn't bring them to the same overall success they had through their career. they became U2 step by step. Maybe today they would have more sudden acclamation and would die immediately like the majority of the band do. Not because they wouldn't be able to make good music, but because these are the times. Today we have 3 band a day that come out all with the same styles, make a good record, (or supposed to be good), make a bunch of money and then they get off. I'm curious to see which todays "great" bands like Franz Ferdinand, Bravery or Good Charlotte will still be there in 25 years.................................

bonosgirl84 said:

do all people with english as a second language irritate you or are you just incredibly rude? cause it's fucking annoying reading posts like that

:love:

babyman said:

I'm curious to see which todays "great" bands like Franz Ferdinand, Bravery or Good Charlotte will still be there in 25 years.................................

Ok ... lets take a rundown of some of todays bands and what their chances are of sticking around for 10 years.

Oasis - Yes, i could see them still being around based on former glory (I.e. Wonderwall)

Franz - they'll be around because they make good songs and have a nice formula. good if they dont get bored.

Good Charlotte - They'll commit suicide

i can't be bothered to do any more what about some other people?

Miricale_Drug said:

Ok ... lets take a rundown of some of todays bands and what their chances are of sticking around for 10 years.

Oasis - Yes, i could see them still being around based on former glory (I.e. Wonderwall)

Franz - they'll be around because they make good songs and have a nice formula. good if they dont get bored.

Good Charlotte - They'll commit suicide

i can't be bothered to do any more what about some other people?

Oh, i have to stick up for the very very fine INTERPOL and, of course, Radiohead (and my all time fav band, Built to Spill).

bonosgirl84 said:

Well...... in fairness to johnnytakeawalk, how could he/she have known that the original poster was of foreign origin?

bonosgirl84 said:

Both. People with english as a second language irritate me and I am incredibly rude

Now I'm off to put myself to death for my incredible rudeness. Thanks for the idea Gareth Brown!

jonnytakeawalk said:

Both. People with english as a second language irritate me and I am incredibly rude

Now I'm off to put myself to death for my incredible rudeness. Thanks for the idea Gareth Brown!

[lmao]

its all good, everyone has an opinion, and its ok, but getting back on topic, i really want to know what people think

Back
Top Bottom