I just heard..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vlasak

Acrobat
for the first time, Bono singing "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis. My boss gave me a disk titled "U2: Outside Broadcast" (is this a bootleg?) Anywho...I almost threw-up, that's how wonderful it was!

considering that U2 probably is one of the world's worst cover bands
this indeed is a good one

:up::D:up:

yp they fucked whole lotta love(led zeppelin) and RS's paint it black!

elvis cover is very good (becaus they are mainly vocals while the other two have alot of guitar which edge does not have the chops for!doah its jimmy page.

oh everlasting love and unchanged melody are very good:drool:

vlasak said:
"U2: Outside Broadcast" (is this a bootleg?)

Unless I'm very much mistaken and there's an official release I don't know about, it's a boot.

Re: Re: I just heard..

Axver said:

Unless I'm very much mistaken and there's an official release I don't know about, it's a boot.

He-he-he. Where have you been Axver? U2 released this one just in time to go Number 1 this Christmas.

I think if they did, it would. A proper version though, not that WGRYWH single one... *shudders*

As for U2 being a bad cover band... All Along The Watchtower anyone? Amaaaazing. Helter Skelter? *wets pants* Even better.

i think u2 are a great at playing cover songs....
but like any other band...no one is as good as the orginal artist/singer who wrote the song and/or orginally played it

AcrobatMan said:
r&h covers were :up: but there was a CCR cover they did whcih was kindof depressing cover

Yeah, Fortunate Son. I don't like that cover simply b/c that's a really American song, and U2 singing it is odd enough, without even considering how it actually sounds.

AcrobatMan, I can upload both versions of the "Can't Help... " cover for you....it may take a bit since I'm on dial-up.....stay tuned

yeah fortunate son is rather unfortunate.. paint it black ain't all that excitin. u2 does do some lovely covers though, especially in concert--stand by me stands out.. i also quite love what bono does with Night and Day, not to mention unchained melody live (the studio version is.. ok, but nothin spectacular). all along the watchtower is def grrreat in its later incarnations (if you only know the version of rnh, you are selling yerself short!)

and yes i can't help falling in love was an awesomely brilliant way to close out the zootv shows. really there's very much about zootv that was awesomely brilliant

Last edited:
Angela, I don't know what kind of taste you have but I Can't Help Falling In Love is probably my favourite part of Zoo TV! I mean what do you mean by "seriously...ending with an elvis cover????? pffft". Before anyone did anything, Elvis did everything.

And U2 definitly do a stunning version of the song! :yes:

Last edited:
I must be odd, but I rather enjoy the Paint It Black cover ... I enjoy every U2 cover. Every single one I've heard has been better than the original.

I'm glad you liked it Joshua_Tree_Hugger. Most people did. My taste doesn't extend to Elvis in the slightest. I think he is highly overrated and well, a pioneer to an extent but not in a demi god kind of way. It might be why I didnt like it so much, but in general if I go to a concert, I think it is poor to end with a cover of someone else's song.
Its all taste I guess.

Back
Top Bottom