I just found what am looking for

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stand by me a nice snippet but ISHFWILF doesnt overly excite me ..
that stockholm gig was pretty cool though , bono jokes around alot, even though the crowd is kinda bewildered for alot of the gig.

I think the song is sort of average live. Not great, not awful. I like the Stand By Me coda to it on Zoo. But I really think the Zoo version is one of the worst of the song. Didnt fit with that tour at all to me and felt out of place.

If there is a best version I would say the original live version which would be Joshua Tree tour. The Exodus ending fit the supposed Reggae influenced style of the song. I also liked the Vertigo version, which was basically the Joshua Tree version minus Exodus. Honestly though, there isnt a huge difference with any of them.

I dont believe its even among u2s best 20 songs, just thought this version was good. For me, its a song, when played, that is either bland or really well done. Seems to be inconsistant.

I really like Edge's voice, that was a nice bonus at the end.

I actually like the Zoo version, even the all-acoustic way the did it for a lot of the outside broadcast tour...but for me JT/Lovetown versions will always be best.

The version from ZooTV that is on the JT documentary(98) is realy good, it is the one with Daniel Lanios.

The versions on 5th leg of Vertigo is also very good.

Also the Sarajevo, it is very intressting just because his voice.

Back
Top Bottom