I hope U2 doesn't win any Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although exaggerated the OP has a point. I think only Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree and possibly UF were well produced enough to bring out the best in the songs. Interesting to note that Eno was involved with each of those three.

HTDAAB has some great songs on it let down by over-production.

Bring back Eno!

Last edited:
I don't take much notice of awards anyway.I gave up when the Ocars told me Eminem's tune was better than The Hands That Built America,like f**k.I think the B man was slightly uncomfortable picking up so many Grammys for Beautiful Day as well.I ain't gonna be told by a panel of judges that some other artist's music is better than the boys' when to me nothing beats U2.

Kanye West will win Album Of The Year.That'll be interesting,the support act having a better album the main attraction.....:hmm:

Re: Re: I hope U2 doesn't win any Grammys

JMScoopy said:

I was thinking the same thing :D - I hope they win a bunch of Grammys, HTDAAB isn't their best album, but it's still amazing.

Okay, fair enough you have your own opinion, but what good can come from you being so damn negative?

gmc said:
I ain't gonna be told by a panel of judges that some other artist's music is better than the boys' when to me nothing beats U2.

:up:

They don't need to win Best Album to be kick-ass. It's kind of funny how in the last several years, folks have gotten so into hoping their favorite artist/director/movie/etc. wins a Grammy/Oscar/etc. In the end, who really cares?

of course, i'd like to see them win..... :reject: :wink:

Everyone in their right mind knows that U2 now ranks #1 as the best band EVER - better than the Stones, better than Pink Floyd, better than Led Zeppelin, better than The Who AND now officially better than The Beatles.

Match one song for one song up to any of the bands that I mentioned - and every U2 song will be as strong or stronger than the rest - and when the other bands songs progressively start getting really REALLY weak, you will still be able to ANNIHILATE those other band's songs with TREMENDOUS U2 songs.

AND they're still going.

When the dust settles and we are looking back on rock & roll history there will be no question about it.

Last edited:
I agree u2 should not win any grammys!! they should give it to some one who put more though and time and effort in their albums and songs !! and sadly that's not u2!!!:sad: :sad:

shaun vox said:
I agree u2 should not win any grammys!! they should give it to some one who put more though and time and effort in their albums and songs !! and sadly that's not u2!!!:sad: :sad:

This coming from a guy that appears to have some loser known as "Slash", from Guns and Roses (of all hurtin' bands), as his avatar.

just curious

What is your name on TribalWar? It can't be jeffschmid since that name wasn't on the list of worst fuck-ups. Besides, whether or not U2 deserves a Grammy or not for HTDAAB, you seriously think you could post that thread without getting negative response? :huh:

twochordcool said:

This coming from a guy that appears to have some loser known as "Slash", from Guns and Roses (of all hurtin' bands), as his avatar.

loser, loser???? dude slash is the hendrix of our time!! look it up!!
at the uk hall of fame this year they asked slash to play "Hey Joe" with the original hendrix band!!! look it up!! peace!!

In a way I wish U2 would get shut out at the Grammys because it might be a wake-up call for them to start writing more creative material and stop coasting like they have on the last two albums. Not that I think Grammy wins are any indicator whatsoever of quality, but U2 seems to take those kinds of things fairly seriously - God knows why.

Bono's shades said:
In a way I wish U2 would get shut out at the Grammys because it might be a wake-up call for them to start writing more creative material and stop coasting like they have on the last two albums. Not that I think Grammy wins are any indicator whatsoever of quality, but U2 seems to take those kinds of things fairly seriously - God knows why.

:bow: :bow:

Bono's shades said:
Not that I think Grammy wins are any indicator whatsoever of quality, but U2 seems to take those kinds of things fairly seriously - God knows why.

Yes I think Bono in particular would turn up for the opening of an envelope.

Shaunvox is a fucking moron. So is the thread starter. Fuck. Moron. Shitfuck.

Hopefully that is offensive enough to get this utterly worthless thread closed.

:rolleyes:

shaun vox said:
loser, loser???? dude slash is the hendrix of our time!! look it up!!at the uk hall of fame this year they asked slash to play "Hey Joe" with the original hendrix band!!! look it up!! peace!!

HOW, on God's green earth, can you claim to be a U2 fan AND a Guns and Roses fan?!

If that isn't like an oxymoron then I don't know what is.

U2 are FAR MORE respected, as artists and as a rock and roll band, from MOST people that have not been shooting up heroin, than Guns and Roses are!!!

Last edited:
shaun vox said:

dude slash is the hendrix of our time!! look it up!!

That's BS. Slash is a great player and is technically a great soloist, but he lacks the innovativeness and creativity that Hendrix was all about.

Hendrix was blowing minds making sounds that haven't been made. Slash is playing the same solos that musics had for the last 30 years, just better than most.

Lancemc said:

AND WHY CAN'T people backup their arguments with facts or opinions instead of "vulgarizing" a thread with the intentions of getting it noticed by a moderator and trying to get it closed down?!

WEAK.

Last edited:
And Grammys are a gauge of volume sold more than the quality of the artists work -

Do you really want U2 to be in the same company as people like Cher, Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys?!

(Not that I know they won or anything!)

twochordcool said:

HOW, on God's green earth, can you claim to be a U2 fan AND a Guns and Roses fan?!

U2 are FAR MORE respected, as artists and as a rock and roll band, from MOST people that have not been shooting up heroin, than Guns and Roses are!!!
God, let him have his opinion. You don't have to agree with him. I'm not a huge fan of G&R, but if Shaun wants to like them, I'm not gonna stop him.

This thread used to be funny. :sigh:

This thread was "vulgerized" by the initial post. As far as backing up my arguments (since when am I arguing anything here?), there is no reason to encourage the life of a thread which obviously isn't even important enough to the thread-starter to bother explaining himself intelligently or eloquently.

So please, somebody put this thread out of its misery.

Lancemc said:

this thread might not get closed but your dum arss might get kicked off this forum!!
:madwife:

Meghan said:
God, let him have his opinion. You don't have to agree with him. I'm not a huge fan of G&R, but if Shaun wants to like them, I'm not gonna stop him

And that's cool.

But I am not going to let the guy come to a U2 fan message board, talk badly about U2, a relevant band with substance, and at the same time announcing how great a crappy, druggy, pop-metal hair band's guitarist is!

Absurd.

its true the so called bomb is a lame duck. its successful commercially but artistically the socalled bomb lacks of creativity.
nuff said, i hope they dont win a grammy for underachivement.
btw this is a forum where people can have different opinions. freedom of speech! and you know what?
opinions are like assholes, everybody has one! :sexywink:

Lancemc said:

That's just going to get YOU a warning.

twochordcool said:

Why do you feel the need to relentlessly insult people and judge? There is nothing wrong with being a U2 fan and a GNR fan. Just like there is nothing wrong with being a U2 fan and a hiphop fan. You have a right to your opinion, but you do not have a right to be rude around here.

And further more, I don't like HTDAAB much and I love GNR. Are you going to tell me nasty things too?

And also, the Grammys do not just award the album with the highest volume sold. The Grammys are a farce, and often the winner is really random. Just look at "Oh Brother" and John Mayer winning awards.

twochordcool said:

And that's cool.

But I am not going to let the guy come to a U2 fan message board, talk badly about U2, a relevant band with substance, and at the same time announcing how great a crappy, druggy, pop-metal hair band's guitarist is!

Absurd.

wow you talk too much for a newbie YOU ARE A NEWBIE DAM IT!! SHOW ME SOME RESPECT!! LOL:wink: :wink:

slash is a respected guitar player in the music business!! look it up!! he is a legend !!! they just made a action figure of him!! hendrix is the only one who has had that made for him!!peace!

I dont get why people feel the need to thrash a thread AND break the rules because they dont like the thread. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head making you read it or reply to it. Do I think the thread sucks? Yeah, I do. But there are still some mature discussions going on in here despite a lot of rude replies.

Move along to a thread that interests you if you hate this one so much. Dont sit here and call people names for no reason or to think its going to simply get the thread closed because it may or may not, but individual posters will still get warnings and eventually get kicked outta here if they continue.

jacobus said:
its true the so called bomb is a lame duck. its successful commercially but artistically the socalled bomb lacks of creativity

First of all, I must admit that the last 2 albums took more and more time for me to "get" -

and initially I was not so thrilled with them -

but then something magical happens after you listen to it enough, especially after you put it down for a little while and then come back to it -

one listen more, and, for no apparent reason, you just "get it"!

There are MANY strong songs on Dismantle that WILL withstand the test of time - "Vertigo", "Original of the Species", "City of Blinding Lights", "Love and Peace Or Else" and "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" are all great, GREAT songs - even if you happened to prefer their earlier work.

And not many bands can still do that on their FIFTEENTH LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom