I highly recommend NOT getting the Special Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
theres an interview about the book???? i must hear it, i wonder if i was on the same wavelength as bono........

whats the bbc 2 simon mayo website??

well...I've got the normal version and the book thingy!!
And I love both....the book is cool, only a little bit hard to read...

Come on.....it's just for fun

RademR said:
I got the collectors edition too cause I wouldnt sleep right until I got it, its the kind of fan I am. But I must say, I will not open that book up again. Maybe If I drop acid for the first time...I dont know.

I would recommend the DVD/CD also. Great price on all of them right now though. I bought the regular edition too so I dont care about the lyrics. I spent $35 today, plus another $40 coming for the fan club signup. Then I'm looking at around $400 for the next tour, I'm giving Bono that 500 pounds he was talking about this year alone.

Just to be a jack ass: at the current conversion rate you are going to have to double your total above to get to 500 pounds :wink:

I too got the collectors edition, but that is because I am U2 blind when it comes to money.

The best solution about not having a lyric book is found in the link below.

It is in word format, and some of the pics take a minute to load.

The person who made this told me the dotted lines are for cutting it out for use as a liner-note:

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=5C2CEA3413E694A2555AA4E10A926ED7

I also have to agree unless you are getting a H$$D On to see Bono's attempts at being an artist the Limited Edition and not the collectors is a better deal.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I think it was a waste of money paying an extra £9 for the special edition. It isn't very practical. It's really hard getting the cd out of that flimsy cardboard cover and my brother has already left greasy pawprints on that book. I think U2 failed to deliver with this item. I feel I've been let down. I don't care if I have to read through that atrocious handwriting to get to know bono and really understand him. Most of it looks like it was done in the car on the way to get the thing made. :slant:

I'm saying that it's very hard to keep in good condition. It's not practical if I want to listen to the cd a lot and have to keep taking it in and out of the cardboard sleeve.

I'd much have preferred buying the plastic cd case which I'll probably end up doing which means spending more money.

I got it for 26 dollars. For 19 dollars I could have got the album and DVD with no book, for ten dollars I could have just gotten the CD.

It was 26 dollars. No big deal.

Lara Mullen said:
I think it was a waste of money paying an extra £9 for the special edition. It isn't very practical. It's really hard getting the cd out of that flimsy cardboard cover and my brother has already left greasy pawprints on that book. I think U2 failed to deliver with this item. I feel I've been let down. I don't care if I have to read through that atrocious handwriting to get to know bono and really understand him. Most of it looks like it was done in the car on the way to get the thing made. :slant:

LOL... I somewhat agree... Look, I'd like to read about Bono's thought processes but the way the book is made, I'd have to actually buy another freakin collector's cd (probably what they intended) so I'd have a nice copy and don't care if its ruined copy. Like, I said, Fast Cars and the DVD were things that made it somewhat worth it (I think, if I think about more, though... I might change my mind).

I agree about the collector's edition being a waste of money, ultimately.

If I want to learn about Bono's thoughts while writing the songs, I'd want to READ THE f---ing LYRICS before anything else!!! It is ridiculous that the collector's edition has no lyrics.

Plus, the CD has no "home" - no protection when I just want to carry it around.

The book is a curiosity but ultimately I could do without it in exchange for THE f---ing LYRICS!

Fast Cars is nice, but I don't know if it's worth an extra $10, no lyrics, and no CD case.

Well, once hell freezes over in Canada, I expect mine to be shipped. I also got a deluxe CD/DVD version at HMV, for having it in the car, so I don't regret it.

I want it more for completion's sake and because I know that in 5 years I wouldn't be able to find it anywhere and I'd regret not having bought it.

Back
Top Bottom