I have to admit, it was kinda cool when the Yankess won tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
Even though I wanted Seattle in the World Series, with Sinatra's New York, New York playing as stadium background music during the Yankees' victory celebration, and the Mayor coming out on the field, and given the recovery period the city is in, it was quite an emotional ending, and pretty damn sweet.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 10-22-2001).]

I've lived all my life with hatred towards the Yankees. I'm a die hard Met fan....but I have to say the Yankees are just un-fucking-believable.

CK

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 NJ1 GA's for 2 NY1 GCs or 2 NY1 $85!! Email or IM me. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Bring on those damn Yankees!!! Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson will be rested and waiting. Should be a great series.
I was in line at BOB 6 hours yesterday and got tickets to World Series Games 1 and 2 next weekend! Talk about being on Cloud 9. World Series this month, U2 in Vegas next month!

Go Diamondbacks!!!

what the hell is BOB? anywayzzzz......

The Yanks rock. The Yanks roll. The Yanks have Derek Jeter. Any man that dates Mariah Carey and walks away alive and without her telling everyone he's creating a conspiracy because he's out to get her...well, a man like that is good enough for my adopted baseball team. Now, if someone can move the Dodgers back to Brooklyn.......

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

For the first time in my life, I'd like to see the damn Yankees win this year.

Did I just say that??

Being from Cleveland, my teams are forever cursed.
------------------
Lift My Days
Light Up My Nights

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 10-23-2001).]

I have to admit, it was kinda f$#@king sucky that the Giants lost last night...seeing as how they dominated the whole game....
frown.gif

Originally posted by sharky:
what the hell is BOB? anywayzzzz......

I think it stands for Bank One Ballpark

-ME

------------------
I didn't take no shortcuts
I spent the money that I saved up
Oh, Momma running out of luck
Like my sister, don't give a fuck

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:

Being from Cleveland, my teams are forever cursed.

I feel your pain. I was born and raised in Cleveland and have been suffering with the Indians, Browns and Cavs for too many years.

pissed.gif

-ME

Originally posted by U2ME3:

I think it stands for Bank One Ballpark

-ME

Ya know, I'm originally from Detroit, home of Tiger Stadium. Then they moved to Comerica Park-- Comerica being a local bank. And I have to say-- stadiums named after banks suck. Its a total tease. Its not like they're all "Welcome to Comerica Park-- here's some free money!!!!!" wankers.

What you need to do is a build a stadium and find a way to slap a cool name on it. hmmm... Cleveland Browns Stadium comes to mind. that's the name people and its a wonderful name at that.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom