I have been double charged for my U2.com membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Email Jim Guida at jguida@signaturesnet.com . He is the vice-president at Signature Networks. In know the company on a good day is run like shit, but this guy does honestly seem to want to do his best to give good customer service. I don't know why there is such a drastic disconect between what they say is the service they want to provide and the service they actually provide, but this guy does try. I've had a few fucked up orders through their standard ordering system but this guy has straightened each one out for me. I think they'd have better luck satisfying customers using lobotomized colobus monkies on their phones, but give Jim a try. For those with complaints, please follow up on this thread and let me know whether or not he came through for you.

Still waiting on Jim. I'll give him until next Monday though just in case he might be off on New Years Holiday. Otherwise if I get nothing from him, I'll call up standard support one last time, and if they don't give me my money then and there its off to the BBB I go. Holidays make getting this stuff resolved a PITA...

Same thing happened to me. I was checking my credit card statement online today and noticed the $40 charge from Fanfire on the 26th. I signed up with my Propaganda discount code and should have been charged $20. The email invoice even shows the discount being applied. I called Fanfire customer service. The gal looked up my order and verified I should have been charged only $20. They're crediting my credit card $20. When you call Fanfire, make sure you have the order number from the invoice. They'll need it to look up your subscription order.

I just got my credit card statement today and there was NO charge from U2.com (fanfire) at all. :sigh: Now I have no idea what is going on. I can access all of the paid member stuff as far as I know but I haven't paid and I haven't received anything in the mail. If this is going to screw up advanced ticket sales I'm going to scream because Ticketmaster and the "advanced" sales is the reason I didn't see U2 the last time around because everything was sold out. :|

Blah, they charged me $43 a few weeks ago and now they charged me $40 today! I don't know what to do because I paid via debit card/bank card so I don't know if I can dispute it :(

This is just so frustrating.

they've taken my money, and still haven't given me my membership.

seriously, i'm close to losing it with this company. i've sent 3 e-mails now and not one has been answered.

I realise that this may sound incredibly naive, but I'm going to say it anyway and risk your scorn! Is there nobody, anywhere, we could get in touch with who could report these problems to the band's management and pass the message on? Okay, it might sound optimistic, but I really can't see them condoning such a useless organisation, to run their official site?

Yup, same thing happened to me. I was charged $40 on 12/22 by "Fanfire/Signatures" (incorrectly) and $20 on 12/23 by "Inhouse Ticketing" (correct charge). I had the Propaganda discount, which is why I should have only paid $20.

I called American Express and told them about the double charge. They issued me a temporary credit while they investigate the matter. I believe they said it can take up to 6 weeks to resolve the matter fully.

Thanks for posting this by the way Techie2000. It helped when I called AmEx to let them know I wasn't the only one this happened to.

btdavis said:
Yup, same thing happened to me. I was charged $40 on 12/22 by "Fanfire/Signatures" (incorrectly) and $20 on 12/23 by "Inhouse Ticketing" (correct charge). I had the Propaganda discount, which is why I should have only paid $20.

I called American Express and told them about the double charge. They issued me a temporary credit while they investigate the matter. I believe they said it can take up to 6 weeks to resolve the matter fully.

Thanks for posting this by the way Techie2000. It helped when I called AmEx to let them know I wasn't the only one this happened to.

I called FanFire but dont' know how long it takes for them to fix the overcharge. I called on Tuesday and mentioned that I never received the 25% off coupon for merchandise either and they said they will fix the problem.

If they don't fix it soon, I will dispute the charge with AMEX. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've had problems with AMEX before though too. They lost a $3000 dollar check before and I had a whole ordeal with that. Well actually they didn't lose it, they cashed it and didn't credit it to my account. Luckily that check was from another CC company and the problem was eventually fixed.

I dealing with too many disputes to add this stupid FanFire to the list. SuperShuttle in DC you suck !

Techie2000 said:
Anyone else have the same problem?

No, but my credit card was once charged for $10 for an order I didn't make, back in November. :mad: They called it an "invalid order" since there was no merchandise in the order.

That day I intended to make my subscription, but first I went out checking the online store when it happened. :(

I had to wait a "while" for their answer and I didn't pay for a subscription yet.:|

I've dealt with the Better Business Bureau. They will register your complaint and try to help, but don't count on much. Mostly, they are an organization to check if you are unsure of dealing with a certain business in the future. Of course, if the BBB gets a lot of complaints about FanFire/U2.com, this could finally force U2's management to get involved.

The best thing is to save all your e-mail receipts. Call your credit card company and explain that you were double charged. Some credit card companies pick up the double charge immediately and even call you! But your credit card company should easily be able to remove the item from your bill and then they'll deal with FanFire/U2.com.

doctorwho said:

The best thing is to save all your e-mail receipts. Call your credit card company and explain that you were double charged. Some credit card companies pick up the double charge immediately and even call you! But your credit card company should easily be able to remove the item from your bill and then they'll deal with FanFire/U2.com.

On my bill which I haven't received yet but it is in my activity online, it's not necessary a "double charge". It's being overcharged! My invoice says 20 but they charged me 40.

I'm trying to have FanFire correct the problem. I even called again yesterday and said hey I called last week. The lady took down my info again and she mentioned maybe I didn't put my code in right. I was like NO my invoice says 20! If it is not fixed soon then I'll call up my CC and explain the situation and have them handle it!

I sent an email telling them I was charged twice, $43, then $40. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your email. The first charge on your credit card was just an
authorization. It should have dropped by now. If it hasn't then please
contact us and we will take care of it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I wrote back telling them $83 is missing from my account. So lets see if they credit it. :|

I was just now changed for the 40 from "signature networks" I had to go online and figure out who signature networks was since I became a member on Dec 10:huh:
I was told the same thing :mad:

This thread does not make me feel comfortable at all about my $40 overcharge.

I didn't see last month's bill (hubby paid it without blastin' me for too much spending), so I'm assuming that when I asked Fanfire about my $20 charge on 12/2, they got that and won't refund it and cancel my membership (thought I was getting off without any problems).

This afternoon Fanfire claimed they would refund the $40 billed on 12/27, and I've already disputed it with the credit card co. Fortunately, I have my 12/2 invoice in print. They're supposed to confirm the refund by email, which they had properly in their file.

Crossing my fingers! Good luck all :cool:!

Somebody seriously fucked up in marketing on this. Excuse me, but just to be clear, there are heads rolling everywhere. Which is part of the problem. This company (FanFire) is in "turmoil". (Like everyone didn't know that already.) With that said, they (U2 management) would have to totally re-organize another web/ticket sale site before the official tour/dates announcement. We're talking lawyers, legal problems etc.
Please... That's almost impossible for an organization of this size to change in such a short time. That's just part of the problem as I see it.. :eyebrow:

Edited to say: I, in no way think Bono, Larry , Edge and Adam know what is completely going on here with FanFire
IMO of course..
:wink:

Last edited:
Fanfire overcharged me too. I called them and it took about a week to straighten out, but that was after about a month of waiting for them to charge me in the first place. :eyebrow:

i subscribed on 12/2/04 with the discount an i see a $40 charge appeared on my online statement 1/10/05, yesterday :|

i called them an they said they'd refund me $20 in 3-5 buisness days.

once i get this fixed, i'll be set.

Back
Top Bottom