I hate Yahweh... who's with me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am with you Freedman
I LOVE YAHWEH!!!

One of the greatest U2 songs ever
i absolutely love it

"a city should be shining on a hill"

Incredible, fantastic

gorman said:
I like Yahweh a lot, but I think the alternate version is 10x better.
me too.
actually it started off as my least favorite track and i've recently grown to really appreciate it. funny how that works.

i still wouldn't go so far as to say it's the best on the album (or even close), but it's a great song.

one of the best songs on the album and the perfect closer. sorry that you can't appreciate it. :(

YAHWEH is the best song on the BOMB. and its one of their best songs ever. i am not religious in a traditional way , but this song is the first U2-song since a long time that really touches me. this song is about tolerance among the different cultures. the lyrics in some way seem to be naive and full of wishful thinking, but as i said this song touches me, 'cause it has the special bit (je ne sais quoi). YAHWEH would be the ultimate closer.
i'm still a big fan of both Yahweh versions. but the alternate version i love a little bit more, 'cause it has that unique optimistic-melancholic mood. btw my alltime-fave song Acrobat has the same mood. both are gems and both (imo) are uplifting. amen

ps: please sign the Acrobat online petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/qv3d4382/petition.html

U2 classic, possibly my favourite off THE BOMB. Problem is, it sounds like the kinda song you'd write at the end of your career.

For me, its not that good of a song overall, the best thing for me is the double-tracked vocals which work very well and the song has its inspired sections that sound amazing, ie the cool intro, the "love is like a drop in the ocean" bit with the accompanying, ecstatic guitar, and I like the way it ends, too. The bad things are the chorus, (poor vocal there, IMO) the overly preachy nature of the song, and it almost comes off as a U2 cliche-fest, too, a bit TOO close to unintentionally parodying 80s U2 at times, for me..

I love Yahweh...it's one of those songs that I'm always singing in my head. It is MUCH better than their last album closer, Grace, IMO.

I especially love these lyrics

Take this soul
Stranded in some skin and bones
Take this soul
And make it sing

I believe the OP is a joke not to be taken seriously.

Yahweh does have a climax, being the part when he sings "this love is like a drop in the ocean" I also love the the chant he does after "Yahweh, Yahweh Why the dark before the dawn"

"Take this mouth So quick to criticise. Take this mouth, give it a kiss". I love that!:wink:

What is so good about it?
Maybe i'm stupid, i heard it many times and i don't feel like it's a clasicall u2 song, when i heard it for the 1. time, i almost turned off the stereo. but when i first heard MOOOOFFFOOO i started:drool: :dance:

what we must receive of this song is god's love, this is what bono tries to explain, he definitely talkes about his own relationship with god, he knows he doesn't show patience to god sometimes, but there lies the truth and there's where he/we must belong. ok, from a melodic point of view the song isn't so fascinating, it is probably the weakest song of the album, but we must catch the sense and the hope, trusting god everytime, without showing any doubts

it will be a monster live.
should be a single.
i agree that is probably the best song on the album. very different from the typical u2 album closers, but still perfect. there's a joy in this song that makes me want to fly.

I don't think Yahweh is bad at all.
It reminds me of an era I thought had passed a long time ago, musically I mean.

I can't remember any track to this day that reminds me more of the Joshua Tree era than Yahweh does.
Just listen to it, it just screams "One Tree Hill" in a way, but not completly (spelling?).

I could see this song go from the outro straight into "Streets" (oh, just the thought of it makes me go :drool:) on the tour this year.

So there's clearly some Joshua tree sounds to it.
And as we all know many of us here places JT on 1st or 2nd place in their album rankings.
Therefore I can't see why someone would dislike Yahweh.

Either can't I see why pre-reviews compared City of Blinding Lights (Another good song btw) to the sound of streets, someone please explain this to me. :wink: '

[ripoff]
Cheers,
E//89
[/ripoff]

Back
Top Bottom