I guess it's a slow week, another quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowlock

Refugee
Well the first one was fun (and my slow monday has turned into a slow week) so here's another:

Answers pertain to U2's officially released discography, not videography.

1. Name the only known planned singles to have been cancelled.
2. How many versions of UTEOTW have been officially released?
3. Name the songs that are ONLY available as remixes
4. Since their professional recording career begin in 1979 with U2: 3, there has only been one year where U2 has not released anything new (studio, remix or live). What year was it?
5. What was the last song eliminated from being on the Joshua Tree due to time constraints?
6. Which song was released as being live, but was in fact not live
7. Name the only two songs released in both vocal and instrumental studio versions (remixes excluded).
8. What famous concert was initially released by U2 as only a cassette cover.
9. What were the first three songs U2 ever recorded?
10. Which is the only U2 song that has at least one unique full version of it released in each decade of the band’s existence?

Bonus question: Name the song that is the first recorded collaboration between at least one member of U2 and another band.

1. The only one I know of is Red Hill Mining Town.

2. 4 (Achtung Baby, Best of 1990-2000, Until the End of the World soundtrack, and the Zoo TV Live Fan Club CD)

3. Holy Joe, Happiness is a Warm Gun, I'm Not Your Baby, and Pop Muzik

4. 1986

5. Heartland?

6. A Sort of Homecoming

7. Zoo Station and Last Night on Earth

8. No idea

9. Street Missions, The Fool, and Shadows and Tall Trees

10. Stories for Boys?

Bonus: I think it might be Red Light.

2. There was the album, UTEOTW soundtrack, and the live Greenpeace version.

6. Sort of homecoming was recorded live at a soundcheck but wasn't really in front of an audience.

7. Boomerang and I'm Not Your Baby

Bonus: In a Lifetime or Pride w/ Chrissie Hynde if that counts...

Re: Re: I guess it's a slow week, another quiz

Joey788 said:

3. Holy Joe, Happiness is a Warm Gun, I'm Not Your Baby, and Pop Muzik

There is a "proper" version of I'm Not Your Baby on the End of Violence soundtrack.

I think the answer to No. 4 is either 86 or 94, I think HMTMKMKM was released in 95 or 96.

No. 8 maybe Red Rocks, its the only concert i can think to be given a cassette release.

I also think the Bonus Question is Clannard: In a Lifetime 86, I don't think there were any collaborations before 86.

Funny isn't it how you often think you know loads about U2 and then a thread like this comes along and you realise you're not all that knowledgable after all.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about it, the answer to No. 8 is the Point Depot New Years Eve Show in 89, U2 released a special cassette cover in Q magazine that fans could cut out and make as a sleeve for their tape. Like an official bootleg.

Back
Top Bottom