I got my Best Of 90-00 (w/ DVD) at Target for $16.50 including tax!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm about to go get mine from target too! had to cancel my motherlovin CDnow order b/c they hadn't even shipped it yet and they're dumb.

BestBuy has it cheap!

Best Buy is selling the Best of 90-00 limited edition for $14.99. The first Best Buy I went to was sold out of their copies.

oktobergirl said:
Yeah, I got mine at 10:05am this morning at best buy and it was selling like hotcakes!!!!!!!!!!!

:mac:

:scream: :scream: :scream:

*rocks back and forth and shakes nervously*

Need Best of. Neeeeeeed. NNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE.

Thanks for the heads-up! I just got my copy at Target for $15.87 - including tax! I went at 3 p.m. and there were still lots of copies left. For once I'm glad I'm seemingly the only U2 fanatic in town.

I had ordered a copy through Amazon.com, but I'm sending it back when I get it. Even with their not refunding me the shipping costs I'm STILL ahead a couple bucks - plus I get to hear it now instead of the end of the week or later! In fact, I'm listening to it right now!

Last edited:
WTF??

Congrats to everyone who got it...but I went to Target today too, and they had NONE left (this was at 10:30 am)...I saw a sign saying they wouldn't have it until next week!! I am pissed, although I will get it tomorrow (pay day), I had saved enough money this time around to get it today! Anyone else have this same problem?

Re: WTF??

walkon11 said:
Congrats to everyone who got it...but I went to Target today too, and they had NONE left (this was at 10:30 am)...I saw a sign saying they wouldn't have it until next week!! I am pissed, although I will get it tomorrow (pay day), I had saved enough money this time around to get it today! Anyone else have this same problem?

I went to Target....but they had a sign saying it's not coming out until the 15th. :eyebrow: Odd. Then I went to FYE or whatever it's called and it was 26.99, but I think I got 6 bucks off of it, I'd have to look at the reciept.

Re: WTF??

walkon11 said:

My Target said they weren't getting the limited edition release, just the regular one next week. I made the kid look in the back, he swore they didn't have it! :madspit:

Got it at a local music store, but paid too much for it compared to Target prices. But still :D and :heart: about it!!

I got mine at the record store in the mall. I asked them last week if they would save a copy for me. Well last night they call me to let me know it was in, and they would hold it for me. It was on sale and plus the tax for $20.13. Worth every penny of it to me. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

My copy came from Amazon.com in the mail today. But I'd decided that I would also pick up a copy at Best Buy as a possible Christmas present.

I paid about $16.23 for the CD. While I was waiting on line, a monitor was showing "In My Room" by Coldplay, which was a very welcome sight!

The best part of going to Best Buy? On a fixture of new CDs, U2 and Justin Timberlake were just about tied for the amount of CDs removed (bought) off the display! Hmm...maybe Timberfake will have some far superior competition for the #1 spot on the charts! :D

YAY!!!!!

So, with only an hour and a half before I have to go to work, I make a trek to another Target across town...at first, I see no CD's, and I assume I'm gonna have to wait...as I look through the aisles, I see it! It was the only one left, and it was a bit out of place...I run up to the lady at the register, she looks a bit perplexed and says "Wow, it's for sale...good buy". Of course, I'm like this :combust: :hyper:

Pop it in, find the wait was more than worth it...new mixes are AWESOME...DVD is GREAT...WHOO HOO!!!....

Can't wait 'till the DVD comes out!!...BTW, thanks to everyone who helped me out by posting their "Target experiences"...YAY!

You know Target is one of my favorite stores in the world......and I didn't even think of going there!:coocoo: Anyway I went the local Tower store during lunch and found it on sale and so for $20.61 it was mine and I'm happy with my purchase!:yes:

7:50 - drive around corner to local Target.
Wait in parking lot, clean out car...
See pediatrician waiting to buy Spiderman DVD.
8:00 - door opens, I'm first in...
walk casually (very fast) to new release display...WHAT??? No U2!!
Display lists 11/12 as release date...
See clerk..."WHERE'S THE SPECIAL EDITION U2????"
Clerk kindly searches through lots of boxes...just ready to give up...small box on bottom...tear open...THANK YOU LORD!!!
"Have a beautiful day!!"
Grab a pack of diapers for the youngest ("Who's singing? - Bono, Who's playing guitar? - The Edge, Who's playing the other guitar? - Adam, Who's playing drums? - Larry, Who's playing piano - ME!!")

8:10 - back in car - busy day...no time to listen...no CD player in car...

Thank God tomorrow (today) is laundry day!!!
DVD is great ... Larry's smiling...
B - sides ... wonderful to fold laundry (and dance) to!

Back
Top Bottom