I got a response from Indie 103.1 regarding you know...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Here’s the honest truth about what happened. We were told by the record company that we were getting a copy of the new song “Vertigo” either sometime Sunday or Monday. Then they decided to move the release date to September 24th. Since it was a holiday weekend we didn’t find out until the last minute. We meant nothing malicious by it. It was an honest mistake by both Indie and Interscope Records. Thanks for understanding.
Thanks for listening!

Indie 103.1

----- Original Message -----
To: <complain@indie1031.fm>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 19:39

> I listened to your station all day to hear the new U2 song and the pay off was
> Henry Rollins? What the hell?
>

And they decided to wait until now to tell us, rather than simply explaining that on-air at the time ...?

The Sage said:
The radio release date has been the 24th since it was first announced...

That's what I was thinking. The station punk'd everyone and now they don't want to own up to it. :shrug:

I got the same thing:

"Here’s the honest truth about what happened. We were told by the record company that we were getting a copy of the new song “Vertigo” either sometime Sunday or Monday. Then they decided to move the release date to September 24th. Since it was a holiday weekend we didn’t find out until the last minute. We meant nothing malicious by it. It was an honest mistake by both Indie and Interscope Records. Thanks for understanding

Thanks for listening!

Indie 103.1

----- Original Message -----
To: complain@indie1031.fm
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 00:29
Subject: Indie 103.1 Complaint

Dude…

That was a cheap shot.

You can’t claim to play the brand new U2 single (we have recordings of you saying so) and then just straight-up jack us like that. I was all hyped up to hear some new U2. I’m on the East Coast of Canada and I’ve been listening to Indie since I woke up this morning. It’s now 4:30 AM (12:30 AM your time).

You boned us royally.

I think you owe somewhat of an explanation.

Dave"

I'm tempted to reply to this and tell them exactly what you all said.

i got the response letter too but i really could give a shit any more...they pissed me off way more than was necessary, and more than i shouldve let it go

Back
Top Bottom