I got a free latte because of U2!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
The grace of U2 must be spreading around! Another poster got out of a speeding ticket cause of U2 and today I got a free latte!

I was in line today at Starbucks, rocking my Bvlgaris and generally not paying attention. I hear the barista go, "Hey Bono, you're up!". Well that was funny enough...but as soon as I made my way up to the counter my cell phone starts ringing, my ringtone is Sunday Bloody Sunday! Well everyone loses it and starts laughing and I just hammed it up and say, "You found me!". I ordered my latte and I was waiting at the other end for it and the barista just slid it to me and winks and says, "See you next time you're in town." :laugh: (sigh, the power of a girl in Bono's shades, lol)

:up:

If someone like that came into the coffee shop where I worked, I'd give them a free drink, too. Well, only if the boss wasn't around. :reject:

:lol: Funny!

:hmm: Gotta wear my army cap more around town, I guess! :laugh:

Way to go!

I'm the poster that got out of the speeding ticket. It's great to know how many truly NICE fans of U2 there are out there! So nice that we're like a microcosm of sorts and all look out for one another. I really like that idea.

brachanam9 said:
Way to go!

I'm the poster that got out of the speeding ticket. It's great to know how many truly NICE fans of U2 there are out there! So nice that we're like a microcosm of sorts and all look out for one another. I really like that idea.

It is nice to be part of something that's bigger than yourself isn't it?

gosh that rocks! y'know i wanted to make my ringtone a u2 song but i need web browsing on it or some bullocks like that...
hey i used to make coffe and i gave a free one for somebody who said u2 rocked when i was playing it at work. they just spread love and kindness huh?
unless of course people begin debating about POP:|

hey Brachanam!

Id love to hear that story about your speeding ticket let off cos of U2. I havent come across that here so can you please repeat it here!

thanks and youre right there are many very very very considerate U2 fans out there! :D

dougal

You think if I purchased those Black Flys #5 (BD Video), I could get the same treatment too? They're not as expensive. Damn! I could use a latte right about now too!

:cool:

Haha, those Fly glasses would cover me from chin to forehead.... I wonder though if sharpie would stay on Bvlgaris?
Because I AM meeting Bono this tour if I have to chop my arm off to do it, I'd love to have him sign 'em but I don't know if it'd stay?!

starsgoblue said:
I wonder if Bono ever gets sick of having to wear sunglasses all the time, since they are his trademark. I'm curious if he ever goes, "I don't wanna wear the damn glasses." :eyebrow:

I highly doubt that Bono feels he HAS to wear glasses as some sort of trademark.

starsgoblue said:
I wonder if Bono ever gets sick of having to wear sunglasses all the time, since they are his trademark. I'm curious if he ever goes, "I don't wanna wear the damn glasses." :eyebrow:

Well, he didn't wear them until the days of The Fly, so it's not as if they have always been a permanent fixture ...

thats a great story stars, Ive been needing to buy some shades so now I think I might know which pair to go with :wink:

Back
Top Bottom